For some reason PTG is not working on the laptop? I have repeated the installation a few times now but all attempt were unsuccessful. Anyone else having the same problem?
    03-29-12 11:08 AM
    What exactly have you done, what is it doing, We need more info.

Found some info for you to read that may help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-enemy-702664/

Last edited by RoseBud68; 03-29-12 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add helpful link.
    03-29-12 11:12 AM
    Installing “Print To Go” on your PC System

Print to Go is a small software program that will allow any document on your computer to be sent to your PlayBook by wifi. To install successfully, your PlayBook must be connected to your wifi network along with your computer. Do not connect them by cable.

Download the Print to Go program from the RIM download centre and install it on your computer. The program is 22 mb in size and took me 11 minutes to download.
    After it downloads, click on the Install button to install it on your computer.
    After installing on your computer, go to Start, Click on Printers and Faxes (I have XP Pro) and check to see if “Print to Go” is present as a printer along with your other printers.
    Now try and Print any document. Select a file on your computer. In the process, select “Print to Go” as your printer. Do this on your computer.
    You will now be asked to enter your BlackBerry ID and Password on your computer in order to continue.
    Go to your PlayBook and Tap the “Print to Go” icon. When it opens, Swipe down from the top. Tap the Settings Gear and a special “Desk Top Pairing Password” is shown. Write this down (it is very secure, case sensitive etc) and enter it exactly on the Computer Screen.
    Your PlayBook will receive an alert that a message has been sent. Tap on the message and Voila, you file opens on PlayBook.
    If the process fails, reboot both the computer and PB and try sending another document to the PB.
    NOTE: Some users have had problems sending files where the file name begins with something other than a letter.
    Very simple process. Took me a total of at least 17 minutes to do. Works Great.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    03-29-12 11:39 AM
    Does anyone know how to get sliverlight. I need it for watching sky news live
    03-29-12 02:49 PM
    silverlight is a microsoft update a think
    03-29-12 02:59 PM
    I could never get PtG to fully install on my WinXP so I finally broke down and decided to do a fully fresh OS install. With the OS clean as a whistle and barely anything else on it...Chrome and all the system updates...PtG still will not install properly. It keeps giving me the error message about the install could not be completed.

RIM needs to take this PtG software and shove it out the window.
    05-06-12 01:59 PM
    Never got it to work myself so until they update it and fix the compatibility issue with windows 7 and Playbook, I'll wait.
    05-06-12 02:18 PM
    Does anyone know how to get sliverlight. I need it for watching sky news live
    You can't. Silverlight is only available for PCs.
    05-06-12 02:51 PM
    Can't help you with your exact PTG problem but if you ever get it working it works perfectly sending data/pics from the pc laptop to the PB. No experience with pc download issues to share nor PTG problems. PTG has folders to organize your stuff and the only thing I have not tested are bar code coupons / receipts as to whether they would scan. It would be awesome if they do.
    05-06-12 03:18 PM
    I've had no trouble adding it to my XP box at home and my Win7 box at work.
    05-06-12 03:32 PM
    I could never get PtG to fully install on my WinXP so I finally broke down and decided to do a fully fresh OS install. With the OS clean as a whistle and barely anything else on it...Chrome and all the system updates...PtG still will not install properly. It keeps giving me the error message about the install could not be completed.

RIM needs to take this PtG software and shove it out the window.
    Same problem.
    05-06-12 03:46 PM
    I've had no trouble adding it to my XP box at home and my Win7 box at work.
    What is you computer background? Are you a programmer or computer scientist? Or maybe a developer of some kind?

When people report they are able to get PtG installed and working properly, they usually are either very lucky or have enough computer science knowledge to adjust the system to allow it to install and work. There's no doubt that the people who can't get PtG to work...like myself...is because of some setting or adjustment somewhere in the OS that needs tweaking. But only people who have a decent knowledge of computer OSes can figure out what that is. That's why the program needs to be redone to take into account these variations and automatically adjust for them.
    05-06-12 03:51 PM
    That's hardly considered computer science, but I do agree with you that it needs to be fixed to install and work properly.
    05-06-12 03:56 PM
    I had enough with ptg, it doesn't seem to work in the middle east. One last try is to both connect my pb and laptop on a hotspot with vpn. Wish me luck
    05-06-12 03:59 PM
    No problems for me either on my Windows 7 laptop or my XP Desktop. In fact I just printed this webpage to my PB to confirm.
    05-06-12 04:02 PM
    How do you get items to open as their original extensions instead of all as pdfs?
    05-06-12 04:20 PM
    What is you computer background? Are you a programmer or computer scientist? Or maybe a developer of some kind?

When people report they are able to get PtG installed and working properly, they usually are either very lucky or have enough computer science knowledge to adjust the system to allow it to install and work. There's no doubt that the people who can't get PtG to work...like myself...is because of some setting or adjustment somewhere in the OS that needs tweaking. But only people who have a decent knowledge of computer OSes can figure out what that is. That's why the program needs to be redone to take into account these variations and automatically adjust for them.
    Let�s blame RIM again.
    We all get frustrated when things don't work as they supposed to, but really, you do not have to be a computer programmer or a scientist to solve any problem.
    Just posting the statement that Print To Go does not work for you in your environment will not give you any help from other members (even thou they trying). Did we forget the search options on this forum, BB forum or elsewhere?
    What is your operating system? Any antivirus software, firewall etc., there are many variables that can make your installation to be a problem. Do you get any error messages? If yes see below link, It could help to steer you in the right direction:
    KB28665-What are the various error messages when Print To Go cannot communicate with a BlackBerry PlayBook

User Scotter75 provided pretty straight forward installation instructions. The most common problem comes from incorrect pairing based on my web research, but I do not have to be right.

In my case PTG works on all my stations (laptops and desktops) Windows XP Sp3 and Windows 7.
    05-06-12 05:17 PM
    How do you get items to open as their original extensions instead of all as pdfs?
    You don't. It is supposed to create PDFs.

For those of you having issues, what I did when my p2go didn't work, was uninstall (via control pannel), install and set up again. That did it here. If you set Print To Go as your default printer, Right Click > Print will bring the interface up. Else, using whatever program needed to open the file and ask it to print to Print to Go.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-06-12 at 05:32 PM.
    05-06-12 05:26 PM
    Let’s blame RIM again.
    We all get frustrated when things don't work as they supposed to, but really, you do not have to be a computer programmer or a scientist to solve any problem.
    Just posting the statement that Print To Go does not work for you in your environment will not give you any help from other members (even thou they trying). Did we forget the search options on this forum, BB forum or elsewhere?
    What is your operating system? Any antivirus software, firewall etc., there are many variables that can make your installation to be a problem. Do you get any error messages? If yes see below link, It could help to steer you in the right direction:
    KB28665-What are the various error messages when Print To Go cannot communicate with a BlackBerry PlayBook

User Scotter75 provided pretty straight forward installation instructions. The most common problem comes from incorrect pairing based on my web research, but I do not have to be right.

In my case PTG works on all my stations (laptops and desktops) Windows XP Sp3 and Windows 7.
    If you had bothered to read what I actually said, the system is WinXP...as I said. The system is fresh and clean as a whistle...as I said. The system has only Chrome and all Windows updates on it...as I said. That means it has nothing else on it. No A/V, no iTunes, no nothing but what was on the Windows Install disc and Chrome and updates...but it also does have Blackberry Desktop.

And for the record, it is RIM's fault. Many more people other than myself are having the same issues and different issues.
    Last edited by Marty_LK; 05-06-12 at 05:38 PM.
    05-06-12 05:34 PM
    Let�s blame RIM again.

As mentioned in other threads, error on install is "Operation could not be completed".
    That's it, no other message. Since this happens during install, we are not getting far enough to encounter a Playbook communication issue. This installation issue happens with firewall and Anti-Virus disabled. Yes, I am assuming it is a problem with RIM's software, based on the fact that I have never had any such issue installing any other software on this computer - including several other printer drivers, and because others have the same issue with this software package. Just because not everyone encounters this issue, does not mean the problem is not with the software package itself. However, I also acknowledge the possibility that something else is conflicting. Who knows - the error message does not provide much of a clue.

OS is WinXP Pro - up to date on all service packs and patches.
    My Anti-Virus is Avira, but I even tried completely uninstalling (temporarily) my Anti-Virus software and re-tried the installation - same error with no Anti-Virus installed at all.
    What would you suggest we try next?
    Or, I'll just wait and see if the next revision of PTG works.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    05-06-12 05:37 PM
    You don't. It is supposed to create PDFs.
    I am almost certain the first time I opened an excel document in it, it asked if i wanted to open it Adobe Reader. I mistankenly hit yes and its opened that way ever since. What will it open with if you hit no? Word? Another pdf reader?
    05-06-12 05:45 PM
    If you're having problem with installation of PTG not compeleting, but no particular error is given try if this works for you:
    KB30122-The installation of Print To Go fails due to dependent services not being restarted
    05-06-12 06:16 PM
    If you're having problem with installation of PTG not compeleting, but no particular error is given try if this works for you:
    KB30122-The installation of Print To Go fails due to dependent services not being restarted
    Thanks, I will try that right now.
    05-06-12 06:19 PM
    Darn, I was hoping you were on to something. Followed the instructions to stop the spooler (that was successful) but same error.
    05-06-12 06:24 PM
    Tried that, didn't help. Still get the error below
    05-06-12 06:26 PM
33 12