I've been a happy user of Print To Go since it was first launched. I have it installed on both my work PC and my Home PC (Win 7 Enterprise SP1 and Win 7 Home Premium SP1) and have used it to print to both my Z10 and my Playbook.

At some point in the last couple of weeks it started failing to work on my Playbook (running 2.1.0.1526) but does not error out in any way. It continues (from both PC's) to successfully print to my Z10 (vers 10.1.0.219) and appears to do the same on the Playbook (shows status messages that it is connecting, transfering the file, was successful) but when I open up PTG on the Playbook there are no new files (in either the "work" or "personal" areas).

Nothing has changed on my PB since I updated, long ago, to 2.1.0.1526. I have uninstalled PTG from my work PC, rebooted the PC, re-installed it from the Blackberry.com download site to no avail...get the exact same result.

Since PTG successfully prints to the Z10, I think that eliminates it being a problem on the PC side of the equation.

I really miss being able to print large PDF's to my PB.

If anybody has any troubleshooting ideas, please advise.
    08-13-13 12:40 PM
    Check all your network settings on the Playbook
    I've been a happy user of Print To Go since it was first launched. I have it installed on both my work PC and my Home PC (Win 7 Enterprise SP1 and Win 7 Home Premium SP1) and have used it to print to both my Z10 and my Playbook.

At some point in the last couple of weeks it started failing to work on my Playbook (running 2.1.0.1526) but does not error out in any way. It continues (from both PC's) to successfully print to my Z10 (vers 10.1.0.219) and appears to do the same on the Playbook (shows status messages that it is connecting, transfering the file, was successful) but when I open up PTG on the Playbook there are no new files (in either the "work" or "personal" areas).

Nothing has changed on my PB since I updated, long ago, to 2.1.0.1526. I have uninstalled PTG from my work PC, rebooted the PC, re-installed it from the Blackberry.com download site to no avail...get the exact same result.

Since PTG successfully prints to the Z10, I think that eliminates it being a problem on the PC side of the equation.

I really miss being able to print large PDF's to my PB.

If anybody has any troubleshooting ideas, please advise.
    08-13-13 12:49 PM
    Try deleting the app from the PB. Restart. Re-download the app.
    08-13-13 12:57 PM
    IT is PC side problem, with new PTG software you should be able to change settings for preferred device to print to. PS your Z10 is running old version isn't it?
    08-13-13 12:57 PM
    Per posts 1+ years ago, PTG failures seem to be related to the PC environment vs. the PlayBook. PTG works just fine on my home W7 Professional, but generates a printer error on my work W7 Professional, operating in a domain. If I switch to a "clean" W7 environment, it works just fine. My tech guy believes it's related to Microsoft security protocols conflicting with BB's security protocols. This may not address your particular problem, but as backfire101 said, it's probably on the PC side.
    08-13-13 03:17 PM
    The one time I "lost" print-to-go, I only had to reinstall it. But I did not and still don't have more than one device that "accepts" print-to-go. So it did work with both the pb and the z10 then suddenly stopped?

I just opened PRINTERS (hardware) and checked Properties of Print-to-go but did not notice anything but you might want to look around there.

Good luck.
    08-13-13 03:32 PM
    What the heck?
    I realized that its missing on my Z10, so I went to reinstall it. I can't even find it in BB World now.
    Am I blind or is it actually gone?
    08-14-13 11:40 AM
    I just loaded the updated version yesterday. I found it on BB's main site. If you "Google" BlackBerry Print To Go, you'll find it.
    08-14-13 11:44 AM
    Print to go is not installed on my z10 running leaked 1047. Can't find it to reinstall..pls help

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 03:42 PM
    Thanks to geodorn, you can sideload the PTG bar file from here:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ppdVyTrI!JuiBQ2...G4hoFsd5VRYGUE
    Original post on:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-file-835613/

What the heck?
    I realized that its missing on my Z10, so I went to reinstall it. I can't even find it in BB World now.
    Am I blind or is it actually gone?
    Mitch-man likes this.
    08-17-13 02:12 PM
    Thanks to geodorn, you can sideload the PTG bar file from here:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ppdVyTrI!JuiBQ2...G4hoFsd5VRYGUE
    Original post on:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-file-835613/

Print to go is not installed on my z10 running leaked 1047. Can't find it to reinstall..pls help

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 02:12 PM
    You must be referring to the desktop file?

I just loaded the updated version yesterday. I found it on BB's main site. If you "Google" BlackBerry Print To Go, you'll find it.
    08-17-13 02:14 PM
    Perhaps I will try that...since it is part of the "base OS", I couldn't figure out how to delete and reinstall on the PB itself...tried that multiple times on my PC, already!
    08-20-13 06:13 PM
    Per posts 1+ years ago, PTG failures seem to be related to the PC environment vs. the PlayBook. PTG works just fine on my home W7 Professional, but generates a printer error on my work W7 Professional, operating in a domain. If I switch to a "clean" W7 environment, it works just fine. My tech guy believes it's related to Microsoft security protocols conflicting with BB's security protocols. This may not address your particular problem, but as backfire101 said, it's probably on the PC side.

I'm all of a sudden having the same problem, except it works fine at my workplace with W7 professional, but doesn't work at home, also W7 professional. Did you resolve your problem, and if so how? Thanks
    08-20-13 08:37 PM
    Try deleting the app from the PB. Restart. Re-download the app.
    What happens to the files already in Print to Go if you delete the program from the Playbook?
    08-20-13 08:38 PM
    What happens to the files already in Print to Go if you delete the program from the Playbook?
    Nothing, especially considering that you can't delete PTG from your PB.
    08-20-13 09:39 PM

I'm all of a sudden having the same problem, except it works fine at my workplace with W7 professional, but doesn't work at home, also W7 professional. Did you resolve your problem, and if so how? Thanks
    Unfortunately, I never did get it resolved. I worked with BB PB Technical Support a number of different times, but they couldn't resolve it. I also worked on it through Microsoft's Tech Support web page, and they concluded it was a BB issue. My tech support fellow believes it's due to BB's PB security protocols conflicting with Microsoft's domain environment security (whatever that means!). As a workaround, I either use Windows Explorer to just manually transfer files to my PB download folder, or attach the files to an email and send it to myself, or exit my workplace domain environment and go to a "clean" user on W7 - then PTG works fine.
    08-21-13 08:30 AM
    You must be referring to the desktop file?
    Actually, I believe you'll find a BB10 version on the web site too. Although it could be the desktop version for BB10 - I didn't actually pursue it as I'm not a BB10 user.
    08-21-13 08:33 AM
    Bottom line - PTG is cr@p, Just email the files to yourself. Same process different tool. Works on PC, Mac, Linux, etch-a-sketch too probably.
    08-21-13 11:28 AM
    I'm not sure it's cr@p, because when it works, it saves a step. But I have run into these apparent security issues more than once with the PB. My tech guy is really down on BB in general because of incompatibilities he sees with Microsoft. We have a VPN on a Microsoft Exchange 10 server, but I can't get to that with my PB because it apparently doesn't support Microsoft's interface without writing a separate something-or-other (and I'm way out of my tech understanding here...).
    08-21-13 11:43 AM