Hi guys,

I want to buy a mini HDMI cable but I want to make sure I can actually make full use of it before I buy it.

So, I am wondering if the native Adobe PDF viewer supports presenting PDFs like how the pictures and videos can be presented. What I ideally want to do is set the playbook to constantly display a single PDF document on the projector while doing something else on the playbook screen. I know it's possible to do this with pictures and videos but I don't see the little projector icon (top-right) in the PDF viewer so I'm unsure if this is possible.

Thanks!
    12-06-12 03:28 PM
    When you connect your PB to your TV through HDMI, whatever is in your PB's screen it will be in your TV's screen. If you have a PDF, then it will show you a PDF.

Welcome to the forums.
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    12-06-12 04:11 PM
    With a PDF using the stock Adobe Reader, you can't do what you want. But, if you turn your PDF into a powerpoint, you can do this using Docs to Go.
    12-06-12 04:38 PM
    You should know that when Default to Mirror Mode is turned off, only apps that support this future will be able to show media on the HDMI display. In other words, the only apps that will display content when Default to Mirror Mode is off are Video app, Pictures app and SlideShow To Go.
    From this link:
    Take Your Display to the Next Level with BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 & HDMI Cables �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Looks like PDF viewer lacks presentation mode.
    12-06-12 04:50 PM
    Crap, that sucks! Looks like I'm stuck using a computer with my PB...
    12-07-12 02:36 AM
    Maybe I misunderstand the mirror mode but what about games? I remember playing game in my PB which was also showing on the TV. I also remember opening various apps and showing on the TV screen. I don't have TV in my house to test PDFs but I think that if you open the pdf app in your PB it will also show on TV.
    12-07-12 03:41 AM
    Maybe I misunderstand the mirror mode but what about games? I remember playing game in my PB which was also showing on the TV. I also remember opening various apps and showing on the TV screen. I don't have TV in my house to test PDFs but I think that if you open the pdf app in your PB it will also show on TV.
    That's not what he wants. He wants the PDF showing on his TV while something ELSE is showing on his PB screen. Like I said, it can't be done with PDFs but can be done with Powerpoints.
    dave_h_946 likes this.
    12-07-12 06:35 AM
    There are alternate PDF readers on the PB, and many of them. Maybe one does this. I for one bought the excellent "PDF Reader" (and have an hdmi cable), but I didn't notice a 'presentation mode' in it.
    Now, the dev is very responsive, recently he specifically asked me an example pdf file with specific internal links to fine-tune the 'internal triggers', even though I stressed the improvement I wished were very minor -at this moment he's finalizing his next update : you may ask him directly...
    Ah, last info, even though negative: I can tell you Smart Office 2, while capable to open pdfs and powerpoint documents (among others), and capable to present powerpoints on the ext. screen, won't do this for pdfs.
    My recom: search app world for "PDF"; then if you don't find it try sideloaded pdf readers...
    tinker2000 likes this.
    12-07-12 11:27 AM
    For a quickly needed presentation there may be a way using only the Playbook for some pdfs. Open the pdf and take screen shots of each of the pages. Turn it to portrait to get an entire page when needed.

Once they're pictures they'll be available for presentation mode. Accessing them is relatively simple in the Playbook's File Manager. Open it, click Pictures, click search icon, key in a . (period mark). It will take you down to the end of the pictures which is where your most recent photos are. Open the first taken and then click through.

Sizing and zoom resolution quality on the tv/monitor may sometimes be issues.
    12-12-12 03:52 PM