Hello,

I'm looking for a presentation clicker/remote for my Playbook.
    Does anybody know if there's anything available in the market for this?

Thanks.

PS: On a side note, is there another tablet capable of such thing? (iPad, Android, etc?) I really need to make this work, and will buy another tablet if this is not available for the playbook.
    01-24-12 08:10 AM
    If you have a BlackBerry already, you'll be pleased to know that OS2.0 includes BlackBerry Remote, an app to control your PlayBook with a BlackBerry that is bridged to it.
    01-24-12 08:13 AM
    That is great, I have a Blackberry Torch 9800.This will help a lot, but is there a way to put a clicker so I can change slides, and have a laser as well?
    I was thinking about a bluetooth device, or something like that? I searched a little, but couldn't find anything..
    01-24-12 08:18 AM
    As StikiGreenZ already said, the update in February will let you use your phone as the clicker.

A laser? Just go buy one... that's a bit hard to add through a software update.
    01-24-12 08:21 AM
    Like the Crackberrians have said above...watch this video....particularly at about the 2:25min mark.
    01-24-12 09:18 AM
    Thanks a lot. - mentioned the laser because it would be an all-in-one solution (slides + laser), but the bridge thing will work just fine...
    01-24-12 09:21 AM
    As StikiGreenZ already said, the update in February will let you use your phone as the clicker.

A laser? Just go buy one... that's a bit hard to add through a software update.
    Isn't highlighting part of the Presentation thing? If not, I'm guessing that would be a good new app.

In other words: Use the BB phone as the remote and as you use the finger on the remote, it shows as a "laser" highlight on the presentation.

Update:
    Tried it. Nothing for highlighting while doing the presentation. I guess that should be a feature request.
    Last edited by LoganSix; 01-24-12 at 04:48 PM. Reason: tried the presentation
    01-24-12 10:05 AM
    Any standard BlueTooth clicker (i.e. one that doesn't require a special driver) should work, as long as it sends arrows or page-up/down keystrokes. Make sure you can return it if you don't like it or it doesn't work after all. Here are some examples:

The Targus BlueTooth remote will not work because it sends the wrong keystrokes.

Note: I haven't tried any of these myself.
    01-24-12 12:22 PM
    The Rii mini keyboard has a laser pointer and the page up/down keys flip through ppt slides. Hook up the PB to a projector or big screen tv with the hdmi cable, then walk around the room with the keyboard/trackpad/laser in your hands. Make sure you choose the bluetooth version, and not RF. Look it up on Amazon or your favourite online retailer.
    01-24-12 02:39 PM
    Thanks for the reply..

I spent some time looking for Bluetooth Remotes and they seem very expensive ($~70), and hard to find.

Then I had another idea...
    What if I buy an wireless remote (USB), and have an adapter to go from USB to MicroUSB and plug @ playbook? Would it work?
    01-25-12 08:32 AM
    Thanks for the reply..

I spent some time looking for Bluetooth Remotes and they seem very expensive ($~70), and hard to find.

Then I had another idea...
    What if I buy an wireless remote (USB), and have an adapter to go from USB to MicroUSB and plug @ playbook? Would it work?
    I don't think so. Currently the PB's Micro USB port only allows charging and connection to Desktop Manager.
    You have a Torch. Why not wait a few weeks for the BB remote that will be free? Is this urgent for you?
    01-25-12 08:48 AM
    Very urgent... Starting next week, I'll be doing presentations daily...
    But I guess I'm left with no other (cheap) options.
    01-25-12 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD