We just finished a week of Boy Scout Summer Camp. Some of the boys took merit badges that required that they do some research. The camp has a few computers the boys can use..but there was often a wait.

I had my playbook in my Jeep..I fetched it back to camp fired up the bridge browser and let the boys do their research. They were able to get their work done in camp, save some time that could be used to have more fun doing other stuff. The Playbook was a hit...the bridge made the difference! (And we didn't have to huddle around the Radio shack to try and grab some WiFi!)
    08-11-11 09:23 PM
    Playbook FTW!
    08-11-11 10:51 PM
    Good To see that Device is kicking But. FWT!!
    08-11-11 10:53 PM
    WOW thats sooo cool...way to integrate it into life....
    08-12-11 12:10 AM
    So, our business does web based training, using Net Flix servers. My 2 laptops are 3+ yrs old and are not able to manage the streaming video without the occasional whirl circle of buffering. Tonight, i decided to use my PB 64G and fed HDMI signal to LED big screen. To my amazement, awesome video & audio, not even one buffer pause. Used less than 15% of battery after 75 minutes....PB...I'm loving you!
    08-12-11 01:12 AM
    Thanks friends, for sharing these wonderful moments with us.
    08-12-11 01:27 AM
    As an Eagle Scout since 1970, and a current Cubmaster, I applaud your resourcefulness. I use mine for a variety of scouting related purposes, from updating training to keeping notes during committee meetings, haven't used it in the field yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 05:03 AM
    In the same vein, we were traveling out of state on our way to a campground with our two french bulldogs. One developed respiratory distress on the way. We used our pb bridged to locate the closest emergency vet clinic. Roxy loves our pb!
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-12-11 05:59 AM
    I am also a Scoutmaster and brought mine to camp with me this past summer as well. I also use it with my Mifi at Troop meetings to VNC into my laptop at home (that I used to have to lug with me to every meeting) and crank up Troopmaster for updating rank advancement data and such. Playbook rocks..
    08-12-11 06:53 AM
    In the same vein, we were traveling out of state on our way to a campground with our two french bulldogs. One developed respiratory distress on the way. We used our pb bridged to locate the closest emergency vet clinic. Roxy loves our pb!
    Glad your dog is fine but wouldn't it have been faster if you just did the same search on your BB?
    08-12-11 08:52 AM
    Glad your dog is fine but wouldn't it have been faster if you just did the same search on your BB?
    But then there wouldn't be this story of how awesome it is to look up something in a pb in case of emergency or have the ability to use it in the wild via bridge browser (which is awesome since it reminds me of the "good old days" of how it felt like browsing on a 3.1 windows running 14.4 k modem, full speed )
    08-12-11 09:40 AM
    now that is a good example of the playbook being the right choice for someone
    08-12-11 10:03 AM
    So, our business does web based training, using Net Flix servers. My 2 laptops are 3+ yrs old and are not able to manage the streaming video without the occasional whirl circle of buffering. Tonight, i decided to use my PB 64G and fed HDMI signal to LED big screen. To my amazement, awesome video & audio, not even one buffer pause. Used less than 15% of battery after 75 minutes....PB...I'm loving you!
    I thought netflix didn't work on the playbook, did something change?
    08-12-11 10:04 AM
    Something about looking at maps on a 7in screen driving thru a thunder storm a bit easier than trying to see it on a 2in screen I guess. Could it have been accomplished with the bb alone? Yes. But the two functioned well in concert when our anxiety was running high. And that's why we bought the pb in the first place.
    08-12-11 06:17 PM
    I thought netflix didn't work on the playbook, did something change?
    We use their servers to deliver our content. Different scenario. I log into our site and access streaming content that is stored securely on their servers. Have not tried to watch any of their movie content with it.
    08-13-11 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD