Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree15Likes
  • 9 Post By phead65
  • 4 Post By Media Warrior
  • 1 Post By shrinkbbuser
  • 1 Post By bb.pl
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Be Prepared!

We just finished a week of Boy Scout Summer Camp. Some of the boys took merit badges that required that they do some research. The camp has a few computers the boys can use..but there was often a wait.

I had my playbook in my Jeep..I fetched it back to camp fired up the bridge browser and let the boys do their research. They were able to get their work done in camp, save some time that could be used to have more fun doing other stuff. The Playbook was a hit...the bridge made the difference! (And we didn't have to huddle around the Radio shack to try and grab some WiFi!)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

Playbook FTW!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Good To see that Device is kicking But. FWT!!
    An Error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to Correct it.

CrackBerry User

WOW thats sooo cool...way to integrate it into life....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    PIN
    TO Pony for sale...part Arab

So, our business does web based training, using Net Flix servers. My 2 laptops are 3+ yrs old and are not able to manage the streaming video without the occasional whirl circle of buffering. Tonight, i decided to use my PB 64G and fed HDMI signal to LED big screen. To my amazement, awesome video & audio, not even one buffer pause. Used less than 15% of battery after 75 minutes....PB...I'm loving you!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Email me at mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com

Thanks friends, for sharing these wonderful moments with us.
    Warm Regards
    Vivek
    If you have an issue and need my assistance, let me know by posting on the blog, or mobibizhelpdesk@mobibizlive.com)

"If you have every reason to be sad, then be happy for no reason"
    CrackBerry Abuser

As an Eagle Scout since 1970, and a current Cubmaster, I applaud your resourcefulness. I use mine for a variety of scouting related purposes, from updating training to keeping notes during committee meetings, haven't used it in the field yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

In the same vein, we were traveling out of state on our way to a campground with our two french bulldogs. One developed respiratory distress on the way. We used our pb bridged to locate the closest emergency vet clinic. Roxy loves our pb!
    johnmarki likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

I am also a Scoutmaster and brought mine to camp with me this past summer as well. I also use it with my Mifi at Troop meetings to VNC into my laptop at home (that I used to have to lug with me to every meeting) and crank up Troopmaster for updating rank advancement data and such. Playbook rocks..
    AT&T Torch 9800 with latest OS
    Blackberry Playbook with latest OS
    Find Me On Twitter: @MrSimmonsSr
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shrinkbbuser View Post
    In the same vein, we were traveling out of state on our way to a campground with our two french bulldogs. One developed respiratory distress on the way. We used our pb bridged to locate the closest emergency vet clinic. Roxy loves our pb!
    Glad your dog is fine but wouldn't it have been faster if you just did the same search on your BB?
    Banned

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shupor View Post
    Glad your dog is fine but wouldn't it have been faster if you just did the same search on your BB?
    But then there wouldn't be this story of how awesome it is to look up something in a pb in case of emergency or have the ability to use it in the wild via bridge browser (which is awesome since it reminds me of the "good old days" of how it felt like browsing on a 3.1 windows running 14.4 k modem, full speed )
    Thanked by 2:
    shrinkbbuser (08-12-2011),  sleepergsr (08-12-2011) 
    shupor likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

now that is a good example of the playbook being the right choice for someone
    If Jesus can walk on water, Chuck Norris can swim on ground

Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.1.0.4181
    PlayBook 32 GB OS 2.1.0.1032
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    71,456 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Media Warrior View Post
    So, our business does web based training, using Net Flix servers. My 2 laptops are 3+ yrs old and are not able to manage the streaming video without the occasional whirl circle of buffering. Tonight, i decided to use my PB 64G and fed HDMI signal to LED big screen. To my amazement, awesome video & audio, not even one buffer pause. Used less than 15% of battery after 75 minutes....PB...I'm loving you!
    I thought netflix didn't work on the playbook, did something change?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by shupor View Post
    Something about looking at maps on a 7in screen driving thru a thunder storm a bit easier than trying to see it on a 2in screen I guess. Could it have been accomplished with the bb alone? Yes. But the two functioned well in concert when our anxiety was running high. And that's why we bought the pb in the first place.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    PIN
    TO Pony for sale...part Arab

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    I thought netflix didn't work on the playbook, did something change?
    We use their servers to deliver our content. Different scenario. I log into our site and access streaming content that is stored securely on their servers. Have not tried to watch any of their movie content with it.