Why hasn't Kevin gotten a pre-release unit yet? Crackberry has always been pretty good about getting unfettered sneak peeks of new hardware a month or more before release, so what's going on? I mean, I understand that there's plenty of videos out there already, but seriously, there's a lot of questions still unanswered... is RIM just making more of an effort with the PB to keep new hardware locked down or what?
    03-29-11 08:39 PM
    Why hasn't Kevin gotten a pre-release unit yet? Crackberry has always been pretty good about getting unfettered sneak peeks of new hardware a month or more before release, so what's going on? I mean, I understand that there's plenty of videos out there already, but seriously, there's a lot of questions still unanswered... is RIM just making more of an effort with the PB to keep new hardware locked down or what?
    Doesn't come out until 4/19, expect one about a week before. Maybe two but a week probably.
    03-29-11 08:45 PM
    Might not be allowed to talk about it and there's a confidentiality thing with the FCC for another day or two so maybe after that expires..
    03-29-11 08:49 PM
    Corporate test devices are coming at the end of the week so he could get one anytime soon.
    03-29-11 09:13 PM
    Corporate test devices are coming at the end of the week so he could get one anytime soon.
    Dad works for Time Warner Cable and he's talking to IT about them getting it :P
    03-29-11 09:14 PM
    Might not be allowed to talk about it and there's a confidentiality thing with the FCC for another day or two so maybe after that expires..
    March 31st. Just not sure if they can talk ON March 31st or if April Fools day at 12:00am is the time we will hear even more detailed information.
    luvac1 likes this.
    03-29-11 10:37 PM
    kevin mentioned the other day not having one yet, but hopefully soon
    03-29-11 10:49 PM
    kevin mentioned the other day not having one yet, but hopefully soon
    Maybe he was forced to say that. Did he happen to use the deress word? Nah but he probably doesn't have one yet. Rim is very unlikely to send any out until a week before release to get hype up amongst the people who know about it.
    03-30-11 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD