Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree5Likes
  1. glennster28's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    256 Posts
    PIN
    Me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Pre-$199 PlayBook sales seem brisk!

    I just got a 2nd PlayBook to knock off an item from my Christmas list.

    I went to BestBuy today around lunch, just in case they get hard to find tomorrow. Apparently, sales were brisk this morning, as the doorman commented to me as I was leaving that PlayBooks have been selling like hotcakes.

    My coworker sent a friend to get one after hearing about the sale. I find out from her that the 16 GBs were all sold out. Apparently, 3-4 guys came in the store after me and cleaned out the rest.

    This is reminding me of the TouchPad firesale craze, which is a good thing!
    Jake2826 likes this.
  2. js8229's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    PIN
    no problem-- just ask
    #2  

    Default

    I've got my $200 ready whenever I can find a sale.
  3. glennster28's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    256 Posts
    PIN
    Me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by js8229 View Post
    I've got my $200 ready whenever I can find a sale.
    Good luck... this is Canada's version of Black Friday.
  4. Sonic77's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Sad thing is many buying in bulk have no intention to use them.
    They are getting listed on local for sale boards for quick profit .

    I've seen a large number listed in the last 24 hours at $300.
    If they don't sell, they will be returned, I guess.

    Too bad as a lot of weekend shoppers would have purchased at $199.
  5. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic77 View Post
    Sad thing is many buying in bulk have no intention to use them.
    They are getting listed on local for sale boards for quick profit .

    I've seen a large number listed in the last 24 hours at $300.
    If they don't sell, they will be returned, I guess.

    Too bad as a lot of weekend shoppers would have purchased at $199.
    The retailers should impose a temporary ban on returns of BlackBerry PlayBooks purchased in bulk; ie. buying three or more at a time and the serial numbers should be recorded. Why aren't retailers limiting sales to two per purchaser anyway during these price reduction sales? Yeah, I know the obvious answer....
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    The retailers should impose a temporary ban on returns of BlackBerry PlayBooks purchased in bulk; ie. buying three or more at a time and the serial numbers should be recorded. Why aren't retailers limiting sales to two per purchaser anyway during these price reduction sales? Yeah, I know the obvious answer....
    Oh, I was ready with my hand up for the WHY, Teach. But you beat me to it.

    "Here, take 3 or 4! Your mother's x-boyfriend from HS must want one, take 5!"
  7. adamman's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    183 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    not sure if people are excited in Canada, but based on the discussions on slickdeals and comments on engadget (BlackBerry Playbook gets massive, temporary $300 price cut in Canada -- Engadget), the reception of the news in the States is tepid at most.
    The Holy Playbook, B.J. 11:4
    "Why is it so important to a small group (of yes, haters) to attempt to dim my bulb? Unfortunately it only makes it glow brighter..."
  8. Yamcha's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    80 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Wow, amazing, I would've jumped on the deal If I didn't already own one..
  9. s2by10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Hopefully the leaked Staples document is correct. Would love to get a PlayBook for $199!
    Do what you love, love what you do.
  10. anthogag's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,101 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I'll upgrade from 16GB to 64GB asap
  11. block911's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    58 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennster28 View Post
    I just got a 2nd PlayBook to knock off an item from my Christmas list.

    I went to BestBuy today around lunch, just in case they get hard to find tomorrow. Apparently, sales were brisk this morning, as the doorman commented to me as I was leaving that PlayBooks have been selling like hotcakes.

    My coworker sent a friend to get one after hearing about the sale. I find out from her that the 16 GBs were all sold out. Apparently, 3-4 guys came in the store after me and cleaned out the rest.

    This is reminding me of the TouchPad firesale craze, which is a good thing!
    I bought 3 and already flipped on ebay,
  12. tekkamanraiden's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2by10 View Post
    Hopefully the leaked Staples document is correct. Would love to get a PlayBook for $199!
    It's correct, it was in the Flyer I picked up on Wednesday.
  13. The_Adventist's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    470 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    LOL! I just saw the Future Shop sale on the PlayBook.

    Note the "Limit 50 per household"!!! LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pre-9 PlayBook sales seem brisk!-fspb.jpg  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    glennster28 likes this.
  14. glennster28's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    256 Posts
    PIN
    Me
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by block911 View Post
    I bought 3 and already flipped on ebay,
    So it was you
  15. BBPandy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,591 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,593 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Adventist View Post
    LOL! I just saw the Future Shop sale on the PlayBook.

    Note the "Limit 50 per household"!!! LOL
    CRAP!!! I had wanted to buy 51 Playbooks, Guess I will have to buy iPads instead
    robtanz likes this.
  16. Tony_11's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Great.. as I'm entering my info to buy one, someone cleared them out.. :'(
  17. theKHMERboy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    482 Posts
    Global Posts
    869 Global Posts
    PIN
    ASK
    #17  

    Default

    Hey is this sale still on.. I am thinking about picking up a playbook myself

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  18. si_chindo's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    801 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    199 is a great price. Hope that price transfers over all over the world.

    We get a BB store here but the promotional prices never come.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  19. leafs123's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,984 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,009 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Adventist View Post
    LOL! I just saw the Future Shop sale on the PlayBook.

    Note the "Limit 50 per household"!!! LOL
    Lol and the updated available status now says 450 units available for backorder, but it's temporarily out of stock.
  20. Sonic77's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    379 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    wow was over 2000 available just an hour ago
  21. BlackStormRising's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN it on Big Boy
    #21  

    Default

    Glad I got my order in at midnight.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  22. tellmebb's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Ran to my Bestbuy as I saw the in-store stock was still available but I guess someone beat me. A sales associate said they were giving rainchecks though and I took one! I guess I'm going to have to keep my eye on the stock for the next month now...
  23. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Oh, I was ready with my hand up for the WHY, Teach. But you beat me to it.

    "Here, take 3 or 4! Your mother's x-boyfriend from HS must want one, take 5!"
    Thanks, Horshack.
  24. vlade31's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    265 Posts
    PIN
    Former Bold 9930 and PB user
    #24  

    Default

    I still think kindle fire for 199 is better than a playbook for media consumption. I am glad I got rid of playbook and picked up a fire. Such a better experience overall.
    Thanked by:
    adamkesher (11-19-2011) 
  25. ignites's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,684 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vlade31 View Post
    I still think kindle fire for 199 is better than a playbook for media consumption. I am glad I got rid of playbook and picked up a fire. Such a better experience overall.
    GL brigding on your Fire.... dont let the door hit you on the way out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions