Poynt for PlayBook, available for free in BlackBerry App World, will soon be offering a unique "send to phone" feature that will let the tablet initiate phone calls and even turn-by-turn directions on a BlackBerry smartphone phone, Poynt told CNET in an exclusive interview.

Read more: Poynt for BlackBerry PlayBook to push calls to phones | Dialed In - CNET Blogs
    Intosh likes this.
    04-21-11 11:07 AM
    Hmm, I thought it already did that. I haven't tried it myself, but there is an option in the settings to pair your BlackBerry device. I assume that is there for this very reason.
    04-21-11 12:09 PM
    POynt on Playbook is frickin awesome, I think.....I just paired it with my phone but I am in a wifi area now, if it still functions like its bridged it will be frickin awesome
    05-03-11 10:30 AM
    Ok I just checked it, I turned off wifi on the playbook and yeah doesnt work. So...its nice but not frickin awesome.
    05-03-11 10:32 AM
    just tried it and paired my fone. thought it was already paired from BBBridge but oh well. entered pin and said paired and instructed me to enter the code produced into my fone but a prompt never appeared to do so. also when i tried to initiate the call from poynt i get an error "tether not authorized".
    05-03-11 10:51 AM
    for some reason i do not get events on poynt for my playbook, but it does show on the phone....anyone else see the same?
    06-07-11 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD