Got the PB today and like it but i want to move some presentations over to the PB.
    Tried explorer via USB-mini usb cable and it didn't work. Could email as attachment but they're kinda big.
    Any other ideas??? Thanks
    05-12-11 11:04 PM
    Got the PB today and like it but i want to move some presentations over to the PB.
    Tried explorer via USB-mini usb cable and it didn't work. Could email as attachment but they're kinda big.
    Any other ideas??? Thanks
    I believe you need to drag these to the downloads or documents folder in the PlayBook in order to see them when you open slideshow to go. [Edit -- can put them in other folders too, just tap browse to display the filenames in your list]

Instead of using the cable, you can also transfer the files via wifi:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ho...ws-7-a-606500/

Or if you have a Dropbox account, you can access Dropbox using the PlayBook's browser. Just tap on the file and you get a prompt asking you to save the file.

Just a warning -- if your slides have animations or embedded movies they wont play on this iteration of the slideshow to go viewer.
    Last edited by lotuslanderz; 05-12-11 at 11:44 PM.
    05-12-11 11:31 PM
    That worked well to put them deeper in the directory where the PPT viewer will look for them. The presentations look great on the screen but now I want more functionality from the app. Create and edit, as well as embedded video.
    Thanks for the help lotuslanderz.
    05-13-11 08:52 AM
    Older (registered) versions of DocumentsToGo did have this functionality, to create new slideshows. Currently the playbook version does not support it (and there's no need to register btw, apparently the PB ships with the premium version).

Remember, the regular BB app is not directly portable onto the PB - different underlying OS, so has to be redeveloped / ported before it will work correctly like the other BB-native apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-11 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD