OK, I've tried to do a search, but I can't find anything useful.

I've got Powerpoint presentations that I'd like to use on the PB, but every time I try and load one up I get the circling icon and the pages won't move on. The files are largish, but not huge. 20MB or so, and they're simply unusable and I don't know why.

So, as a workaround since I need it for tomorrow, I thought I'd render them as pdfs. But when I do that the quality is awful, even if I save them as high quality ones.

Any thoughts? Surely the constant hanging with the Powerpoint files can't be normal?
    01-28-13 12:19 PM
    Are you using Docs-to-Go or another office suite on the BlackBerry PlayBook? A 20MB Microsoft PowerPoint document is small enough. Did you save the presentation as a .PPT (Microsoft Office pre-2010) or .PPTX (Microsoft Office 2010)?
    01-28-13 01:23 PM
    I'm using Docs to Go. I've tried saving it in all sorts of formats, compressing the files as much as possible and so on. It just hangs and I get the spinning circle. If there's something inherent in the presentation format that it doesn't like, it's beyond me what that could be. It's only text and images, there's nothing overly complex about it.
    01-28-13 01:35 PM
    Banco, it may be too late now but there is a great web-based program called prezi (Prezi - Ideas matter.) where you can make AMAZING presentations with zooming abilities! You can 'save' the presentation, which gives you all the files needed to run it and because it is flash based you can copy the files and run it on the PB with the HDMI out connected. If you dont want to save the file you can access it online and run it from the website.

I have used it in my classroom many times and the students love the 'new' powerpoint lol
    Banco likes this.
    01-28-13 01:39 PM
    Try one of these alternative apps to view your office document: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...native-764129/
    Banco likes this.
    01-28-13 01:44 PM
    Try one of these alternative apps to view your office document: http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...native-764129/
    I've looked at Smart Office. But I'm reluctant to spend �10 on it! I may end up biting the bullet, but as per other threads I object to it being about �4 more than it is in the US because of RIM's 1:1 conversion rate. That's supposed to be changing, so I may get it then. Sideloading I haven't got round to yet....

I guess I was hoping that someone would say "Oh you *****, you're doing x, y, z on your Powerpoint, just do a, b, c and it'll be fine".
    01-28-13 01:50 PM
    As concerns the pdf side of this, if when opening your pdf version on a PC or mac you see correct results, then you may wish to buy the "PDF Reader" app, which is infinitely better than the free supplied adobe reader -specially when it comes to very large documents. PDF Reader is cheaper than Smart Office. FWIW, I use both, and am very happy with them.
    Banco likes this.
    01-28-13 02:35 PM
    Yes been thinking about that one too reading some of the threads on it!
    01-28-13 03:52 PM
    Dumb question maybe but do you have powerpoint on your Play book?

If not then what are using to read it because probably can only be read by the powerpoint program not just the files
    01-28-13 09:10 PM
    I could try and test if your presentation runs in the docs to go on my playbook to diagnose the problem faster, but I dont know if you are willing to share the file, pm if you want.
    01-28-13 09:44 PM