Now that we're 2 months into the Playbook I ask the following question: Is the 'Power Button' issue that seemed to make its way into every negative review of the Playbook really an issue at all?

I think that I might have pressed it 5 times max since I got mine. In fact, the only time I use it is to power it back on if I shut it down (via the option behind the battery icon in the new update). When I want to simply reboot, I use the Restart option.

After all of the ranting and raving about what an engineering flop RIM made by designing the power button the way they did, I now consider it more of a reset button than a power button. Given that, I'm kind of glad that it's small and recessed to prevent accidental pressing.

Talk among yourselves....
    06-19-11 10:29 PM
    WOW 5 times thats a lot .....only kidding, I think I might have used it 4 times. Not an issue for me at all. I rarely turn my PlayBook off, theres really no need, in standby mode at the end of the day if I don't use my PlayBook (which is rare) I still have approx 90% battery left. I'm glad its small to avoid unwanted mishaps.
    06-19-11 11:07 PM
    I agree, the only time i use that button since the update is to power up if i have **** it down. Its now a non-issue.
    06-19-11 11:10 PM
    I have the 64GB version of the Playbook and I have no issues with the power button, I use it all the time.
    06-20-11 12:14 AM
    In the Otterbox Defender I have no problems with the button. Not that I ever use it only problem I do have are the vertical fingerprint-stripes on my Otterbox screen all the time from the bezel-to-bezel swipe

Perhaps I should actually start using the button
    06-20-11 08:31 AM
    I got the fixed power button after mine went for repair. Even though I use the otterbox, its way easier of a click to put it to sleep, and I use it more than tapping the battery and then standby. Not to wake up tho. Its more robust, and "clicks" when pressed.
    Shoulda been on them all.. Just sayin..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-11 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD