Do all the playbooks sold in stores have the new raised power button? i.e. was it only the pre-production models where the power button was recessed? Wondering if I go to best buy today to pick up a 64 gig what are the odds it has a raised power button.
    04-21-11 12:34 PM
    I'm wondering the same. I just bought the playbook last night @ Best Buy and I have the version with the flat button. I got a 16GB playbook.
    04-21-11 12:41 PM
    I know 3 people who got them at Best Buy and allthe power butons are flush as is mine.....
    04-21-11 02:54 PM
    Mine is flushed as well. It's actually fairly difficult to push, especially with the leather case, but if you have any fingernails you can hit it pretty easily.
    04-21-11 03:04 PM
    I'm a little confused as to what everyone means by "flush". My power button is very very close to being flush, but not quite completely. I can feel it, it's raised ever so slightly. If I take a piece of paper and go over it the paper will stop when it hits the edge of the button. So is this actually the flush version or the raised version? How raised is the raised one? Mine is about as raised as the very center mute button. Which version do I have? I have nothing to compare it to.
    04-21-11 03:06 PM
    I must be in a minority...The button on my PB is perfectly flushed but I have absolutely no problem at all pressing it. If I'm not looking at it I might not find it at first, but I generally can within a second or so, but when it comes to actually pressing it, I find that is faster than doing the swipe motion (could be because I have a screen protector on).

Just my two cents.
    04-21-11 03:10 PM
    Mine is flush and I too have no problems pressing it. I find that if you use the pad of your finger, it quite easily turns on and off with a simple squeeze.
    04-21-11 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD