If I were you, I'd go for an iPad... You can't beat the 10 inch screen for watching movies and TV shows, and it's easy to get quality content through iTunes.
    (I have a 7 inch tab myself, and while the screen is allright for movies and such, 10 inches is really the way to go for entertainment)

As for ebooks and magazines/newspapers, you have a bunch of options on iPad that aren't available now (or maybe never) for the Playbook. Besides Kindle, there are also free ebook readers/libraries like Aldiko and others that you can only get on iPad and Android. There are magazine and newspaper apps like Pressreader and Zinio (both of which are awesome!) that'll give you a whole library of magazines, as well as dozens of stand alone magazine/newspaper apps like The Economist, NY Times, and many other, some of whom are free to download and read.

Another option would be to get an iPad or Galaxy Tab now (Unless you like Android, the iPad is the best choice, unfortunately) and wait a month or two to get an as new Playbook for 200$ on ebay, or in the big sale there's bound to be.

(If you choose the PB just wait... Even if you see a 100$ off sale next week, just wait a month or two to get 2 or 300 dollars off. They have over 800.000 they need to get rid of afterall, so there are bound to be some awesome sales a couple of months down the line!)
    To be honest for ebooks/reading I'm almost leaning toward paying the �100 or so for a Kindle itself, I don't believe that the screen on any tablet really lens itself to reading for prolonged periods - the Xoom was nice but it was heavy to hold while reading, the screen was almost too bright and a lot of what I wanted to read isn't available on anything but an actual Kindle.

Really the Playbook for me would be two things, an extension of my Bold 9900! and for web browsing and video, if I really wanted the 10" size I'd go for the Asus Transformer as its light as a feather but I've found the 10" size to be almost too big to be comfortably portable,
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-23-11 02:09 AM
    As a query, is it possible to transfer files from the Bold to the Playbook via Bridge?
    09-23-11 02:15 AM
    As a query, is it possible to transfer files from the Bold to the Playbook via Bridge?
    If you are not restricted by some BES (corporate) policy, you can copy/move files and the 3rd party app, File Browser works on multiples. The process can be slow for larger files as you are using bluetooth.
    09-23-11 08:46 AM
    Hi chris,

Just bought a new pb with genuine bb leather convertible case for........�200.

advertised at 270 but with a weebit bartering....sorted.

if ur patient and have the money aside, use social feeds on ur berry to subscribe to rss feeds on gumtree edinburgh and local areas. the girl had advertised and within 10 mins a deal was struck.

if ur free ur welcome to meet up for a wee try of ot and see what u think.

if u try u wil buy

Roddy
    09-26-11 06:25 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD