I'm extremely happy with mine, no issues on either (first was a 16GB that BB screwed up and didn't have the 32GB i pre-ordered, so i took it home and used it for a few days till they got mine in)
    05-02-11 09:49 AM
    Works GREAT! I take it everywhere! Yesterday at family dinner, got in-laws password and connected to their wi-fi as soon as I got there.

Later while we were all talking someone brought up an America's Funniest Video from a few years back. Someone suggested searching on in-laws laptop, quietyly whipped out the Playbook, searched you-tube, found it and had it playing before in-laws could finish booting up their laptop! After that, everybody wanted to put their grubby hands on my beautiful playbook!

I keep thinking that something will go badly for me because of the all the negative posts. Upgraded to FIOS on Saturday and was sure new router would not play well with PB and I would have wireless issues -- connected with NO problem, browser is just AMAZING now -- didn't know what I was missing with my DSL (and FIOS is cheaper!). I have, folks, absolutely no lag with youtube or any other flash site.

Thought something might go wrong with bridge update after reading that about bridge lag, possibly no OS 5 support, etc. Upgrade went so quickly and seamlessly I thought it didn't take.

All 3 of my reasons for getting PB (couch surfing, night reading of ebooks, substitute for laptop in meetings) have worked out just perfectly for me. Well, I've only downloaded free books because I'm sort of holding out for kindle app, even though I don't have any kindle books either.

Added bonus -- I'm in a photography club and no longer have to lug lap top to display my pics!
    Last edited by mom21; 05-02-11 at 09:58 AM.
    05-02-11 09:51 AM
    Mine has been great so far too! I had one small incident where it froze up on the shutting down screen, but it was no biggie and easily fixed, besides that.. No problems!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-11 09:53 AM
    I pre-ordered mine, got it on the 19th, and have loved using it ever since. And it will only get better. Just got BBM and a much more functional Bridge Browser this morning. Video Chat scheduled for tomorrow. Facebook app sometime in May as well.

We have lots to look forward to!
    05-02-11 09:55 AM
    No complaints here either. Haven't been able to put it down since i first bought it. Would love to see more apps roll out but my expectations were set to what i currently have access to so i can't really complain
    05-02-11 12:31 PM
    Bought a 16GB version the day they came out. Setup with no problems and have used it bridged with my Torch and tethered to an 8830 with no issues. The only problem I had was the KOBO app not downloading a book. I returned the 16GB playbook to Best Buy yesterday and now am waiting on a 32 or 64 GB model. I'm going to be using the playbook alot more than I thought and will need the extra storage.
    05-02-11 12:44 PM
    i had to exchange my first 64gb playbook (the bluetooth didn't work) but my new one works perfectly, the power button is raise, pairs instantly, battery lasts quite a while, i was able to watch a 2hr 720p movie with 40% battery remaining (when i started the movie) and 50% brightness + wifi on.
    05-02-11 12:46 PM
    amazing for me!
    05-02-11 12:56 PM
    Compared to some I've have just a couple what I would call minor issues. Nothing that has made me unhappy or want to return it.

My biggest issues would be the same as most as far as the short comings of the unit. But those will be addressed in upcoming releases.
    05-02-11 12:56 PM
    No problems (just every increasing expectations!) Keep updates coming!
    05-02-11 03:48 PM
    I am on number two. This one is a perfect.
    05-02-11 03:53 PM
    I love my PlayBook! I wish it had: Skype, NetFlix, more Word for Windows capability.
    05-02-11 04:26 PM
    I had to giggle at this...4 posts in 24 hrs. Ouch!! Come on playbook fans where ya at.

Before anyone gets too mad, Im just making a little fun dont flame me and get all upset.
    This PB fan just got back from a 1,000-mile road trip, with the Playbook taken along. I would have posted yesterday but the wifi in the hotel was so SLOW! The PB connected to every network I asked it to. It allowed me to check in to Face book, check the weather on our route and even keep tabs on Crackberry. Music and video were great in the evenings and I whipped it out during the day several times to grab photos. Oh, also used Dropbox to access files to work on in the evenings. I took along tow things I did not use on the trip: A stylus (I'm finally getting use to the touch screen and keyboard) and my laptop. Never took it out of the case and will probably leave it home on the next trip.

The only thing I wish the PB had was Bluetooth audio and either a good e-book reader or a better PDF reader. BTW I usually took it off the charger around 8 am and didn�t charge until maybe 10 PM each night. Damn good battery life!
    05-02-11 04:30 PM
    I love my PB. I wish I could there was a movie store and some more news and magazine apps.
    05-02-11 04:31 PM
    loving it. just updated to get bbm and downloaded the fb app which is great. Looking forward to the OS update tomorrow to get that video chat. just gets better and better - all you need is a bit of patience! Also just found out you could take screenshots with the PB too! brilliant.
    05-02-11 05:22 PM
    Works great for me, except for GPS and we know about hat.
    05-02-11 06:11 PM
    Mine works great. Hardly put it down since I got it and I'm missing out on a lot of sleep XD

Everyone I've showed it to has been impressed.
    05-02-11 09:38 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD