Just wondering if its possible to watch the Superbowl on my PB. I know its being streamed free via NBC but i believe that is driven by Silverlight??....also, is there a way to use my PB as a monitor for my 9930....i have the Verizon NFL app but dont know how to connect my BB to tv.....any suggestions would be awesome!
    02-03-12 11:07 AM
    You can probably stream it on FirstRow.tv but I'm not sure how good the quality will be.
    02-03-12 11:19 AM
    Just wondering if its possible to watch the Superbowl on my PB. I know its being streamed free via NBC but i believe that is driven by Silverlight??....also, is there a way to use my PB as a monitor for my 9930....i have the Verizon NFL app but dont know how to connect my BB to tv.....any suggestions would be awesome!
    Actually, the video on nbcsports.com is supposed to be Flash. There will also be a stream available on nfl.com. I read somewhere that both of these streams are being made available for viewing through a browser on a tablet, so there you are.
    LukeRoz and TerribleTim68 like this.
    02-03-12 11:27 AM
    where the heck are you gonna be that wont be showing the superbowl?
    02-03-12 12:08 PM
    where the heck are you gonna be that wont be showing the superbowl?
    Home, Church, Studio, Car, Walmart, Sams Club

All of the above = no tv subscription
    02-03-12 12:19 PM
    JasW thanks for the update!...i actually cancelled tv subscription for blazing internet speed but i wanted to stay in and watch it with some buddies...the hdmi on the PB is sooo money!!
    02-03-12 12:24 PM
    Home, Church, Studio, Car, Walmart, Sams Club

All of the above = no tv subscription
    Go make an antenna with a coat hanger.

Seriously, you can have free HD TV with a $10 antenna, depending on your location. Granted its extremely limited selection, but it's better than nothing and nearly free! Get your local news, Sports, primetime shows, probably some public broadcasting, who know what else. I ditched my cable for antenna (with an antenna DVR) supplemented with some Hulu+ and Amazon Prime (pays for itself if you buy from Amazon much at all through free shipping alone) and I'm perfectly content.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 02-03-12 at 12:28 PM.
    02-03-12 12:24 PM
    here in Canada it will be on CTV and TSN and I believe they are streaming it live. Have to double check though
    02-03-12 12:30 PM
    here in Canada it will be on CTV and TSN and I believe they are streaming it live. Have to double check though
    Only we don't get the great commercials . I have been contemplating using my playbook to watch the superbowl all week. This is an excellent work around if you want to see the commercials and don't have a satelite feed.
    02-03-12 05:26 PM
    Only we don't get the great commercials . I have been contemplating using my playbook to watch the superbowl all week. This is an excellent work around if you want to see the commercials and don't have a satelite feed.
    This has got to be the ONLY televised event in the world where people DON'T want to be able to skip the commercials...
    02-03-12 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD