I can't seem to figure out how to move or sort my bookmarks. I would like to be able to group the ones I use most together.
    12-31-11 10:33 AM
    Sadly no. Nor can you edit the bookmark names.

Hoping OS 2.0 fixes this as it's a top 20 noted issue
    12-31-11 10:37 AM
    In a word, no. I have found a way to have all my bookmarks from my computer handy on my PlayBook though if you use Firefox. In Firefox I have an addon called Xmarks. Use Xmarks to export all your bookmarks to an html file and then move that html file to your PlayBook. Open the html file with the PlayBook Browser then safe that page as a bookmark of it's own. That way you only need this one bookmark kept in your PlayBook browser.

You can also set this file as your startup page in your browser so it's always ready for you.

Mike
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-31-11 10:37 AM
    hey Mike, that's sweet tip. Got firefox on a desktop here in the house... think I'll give it a tree.
    12-31-11 10:43 AM
    in os 2 you can. switch your bookmarks into list mode then tap the edit icon, then when you tap and hold a listing you can drag it to where you like in the list, this will also rearrange them in icon view as well.
    ajstan99 and pixieloulou like this.
    12-31-11 11:07 AM
    in os 2 you can. switch your bookmarks into list mode then tap the edit icon, then when you tap and hold a listing you can drag it to where you like in the list, this will also rearrange them in icon view as well.
    Thanks for the info, CT. In OS2, can you also rename bookmarks and put them into groups?
    12-31-11 11:15 AM
    You can also export Google Chrome bookmarks to an HTML file using the Bookmarks Manager.
    12-31-11 11:43 AM
    I can't seem to figure out how to move or sort my bookmarks. I would like to be able to group the ones I use most together.
    I had the same question yesterday. Looks like OS 2.0 will have a solution, I'm still on 1.0.8. I'm hopeful 2.0 will bring a lot of refinement to PB.
    12-31-11 11:58 AM
    Your question hasn't been fully answered yet...in case you not aware...what you can do is:
    1) MOVE a Bookmark by touching and holding it until it flashes...then sliding it to wherever you want on the screen. This way you can at least place them in groupings or arrange them alphabetically as you prefer.
    2) You can also move the Bookmarks from, say, ALL to FAVOURITES by following the same hold and slide procedure but by sliding them one by one from the ALL to FAVOURITES listing.
    12-31-11 12:16 PM
    Sorry...what I should have mentioned is that you first have to add the Bookmarks to your Home screen.
    12-31-11 12:31 PM
    No, at least not on mine. I mean you CAN, but as soon as I close the browser and re-open it, they are right back where they were before. Pretty useless right now.
    12-31-11 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD