My 64g PB is going in for repairs due to the famous camera issue. I'm trying to find a way to retrieve the passwords for several wi-fi spots I use. I'm concerned about one place in particular. Their wi-fi isn't public but, since I've been in there once a week for years, the guy in charge let me log into the network. When I got a new laptop I had to ask him again and although he gave it to me I had the feeling that I was pushing it. I'm reluctant to ask a third time. He's fine with my logging on but not so fine with my bothering him again for the password. (Note...I would have written it down the first time but he indicate that that wasn't cool.)

The people at RIM tell me that it's not possible to retrieve network passwords on the PB. That's probably true but if there should happend to be some secret way I'm sure that someone here will have found it.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks
    10-02-13 05:31 PM
    If you have Windows 7 on your laptop, follow these steps to retrieve the password(s) :

Click on the network connectivity icon (6 bars)
    Right click on the network whose password you want to retrieve
    Click properties
    Check the box for 'show characters'

This should at least get you the password for that one place.
    10-02-13 05:47 PM
    I am not sure if SAVING SETTINGS using either the Desktop Software or the newer LINK software saves wifi passwords.

Do you have a bb phone? The pb and phone will share the wifi connections that have been saved.
    10-02-13 07:25 PM
    I am not sure if SAVING SETTINGS using either the Desktop Software or the newer LINK software saves wifi passwords.

I think it does, since I have some saved networks showing on my PB that were saved before my last wipe and restore from backup.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-02-13 09:05 PM
    Thanks. The problem is, of course, that the PB is so portable that I take it everywhere and log into all sorts of places. Unfortunately none of those places are on my desktop machine.
    10-03-13 06:51 AM