Hey Everyone,

So this is something I just saw on the BeWeather HD description in App World in PlayBook.

"***Due to a bug in Tablet OS 2.0.0.7971 you might experience stutter and/or degraded quality using weather animations in BeWeather. This should be fixed in AN UPCOMING TABLET OS update. We have therefore marked this feature 'experimental' for now***"

Just thought I would throw this out there and see what people know about a possible upgrade coming soon!?
    sagec likes this.
    03-22-12 06:44 PM
    Considering the developers are an external company not related to RIM, they likely know nothing more about any upcoming update. It may be an issue that they found and might have forwarded to RIM PB support, but other than that, it is simply hoping that RIM will release the fix eventually.

Kind of like an Ebook app saying:
    "Load thousands of books from your USB. (Available in an Upcoming Tablet OS update)"

Just simple speculation that the feature/fix will get here eventually.
    03-22-12 07:06 PM
    An update is expected within a month of the OS2 release, so any day now.
    kbz1960 and peter9477 like this.
    03-22-12 08:03 PM
    Yep let's not let those updates go so long again. Should be one soon.
    03-22-12 08:05 PM
    I am hoping that BeWeather creators have been told something by RIM assuring them that their app will work on the next upgrade...definitely want another one!!! love downloading them!
    03-22-12 08:09 PM
    I shure hope they know more than we do, and an updated every is coming soon. Not that I don't 2.0, I just like trying different things.
    03-22-12 08:50 PM
    Considering the developers are an external company not related to RIM, they likely know nothing more about any upcoming update. It may be an issue that they found and might have forwarded to RIM PB support, but other than that, it is simply hoping that RIM will release the fix eventually.

Kind of like an Ebook app saying:
    "Load thousands of books from your USB. (Available in an Upcoming Tablet OS update)"

Just simple speculation that the feature/fix will get here eventually.
    From a source like BeWeather development? Not so much :-D
    03-22-12 08:52 PM
    I'll confirm what Innovatology said. There's an update expected imminently, and the roughly "one month after 2.0" expectation was confirmed a few days ago in the support forums.
    03-22-12 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD