- CrackBerry User
- 92 Posts
? Possible to change default re alternative app to open file
Is it possible to change the default so that an alternative app is used to open a file, ie pdf?
I have downloaded qPDF and would like all pdf's to be opened with qPDF rather than the stock Adobe app.
If this is not possible just now, what is a good work-around in order to choose which app opens a file?
Many thanks for any help
- CrackBerry Genius
01-02-2013, 07:02 AM #2
- 2,254 Posts
If you try to open a PDF through one of the native file browsers, File Browser, Air Browser, or Files and Folders, they will default to opening in the stock Adobe Reader. However, if you use one of the android browsers, Ghost Commander, ES File Explorer, or X-Plore, etc., they will give you the choice between opening in Adobe Reader, qPDF, or any other android apps that you've installed and which are capable of opening PDFs. Additionally, ES will let you pick qPDF as the default app for opening PDFs when opening through ES.
- CrackBerry Addict
01-02-2013, 12:03 PM #6
- 516 Posts
I vaguely heard this may change with the next BB10 OS, which will (eventually) be available on the tablets, a couple of weeks or months after its release for BB phones. On this forum there are people testing BB10 dev releases on Playbooks that may have more serious info here.
- By Benjamindaines in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-03-2009, 02:52 PM
- By rocky_zw in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 6Last Post: 03-27-2009, 03:35 PM
- By stuka75 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 9Last Post: 12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
- By jubu in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2008, 12:14 PM
- By JC520R in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-24-2008, 10:14 PM