Greetings everyone.

So I have been seeing additional notifications come up on my PlayBook, and at first I was attributing it to maybe that it was just an addtional reminder since I was away from my PlayBook and didn't acknowledge the first reminder.

Well, something finally caught my eye about a notification. I intially was using my gmail/calendar to sync up things between my personal laptop and my PlayBook. Once I completed that I decided to fully revamp my Calendar by just using the Native Calendar for all my my reoccuring events. From the down swipe on the Calendar I have three calendars: PlayBook, Gmail, Facebook. I have only the PlayBook "checked" and obviously that is what is only displayed.

Now that I got this new notification from an old reoccuring event I was at a lose, as I looked at my Calendar and didn't see the event. Well I "checked" the Gmail calendar, and low and behold it was that event. And of course my gmail calendar has matching events from my PlayBook calendar, which now explains my double notifications for the events.

So, now to my topic question.... Would this be considered a "bug" since I have my gmail calendar "unchecked" in the Native Calendar and I wouldn't expect to get notifications from that calendar since it isn't "enabled".

When I get back to my room and can get online with my PlayBook I'll turn off the the sync option for my gmail calendar and see if that doesn't fix the issue as well.
    03-07-12 10:47 AM
    Calendar sync...possible solution

Please understand this may not be exactly what you're looking but:

Here's what I discovered, give it a shot. it's a working workaround, sorry it's not perfect, but you

don't have to deal with millions of duplicates when you attempt to sync your Google Sync with the BB

calendar app.

Do this:
    Sign in to your Google account using BB's web browser. Then access the Calendar feature from a WEB PAGE.

Do NOT use the BB Calendar application that's built into the memory. Google's mobile Calendar page will

show you an agenda and a Quick Add space where you can add new events to your calendar WITHOUT EVER USING

THE BB CALENDAR APP. It will sync to your Google calendar, and the only difference is, you bookmark in

your Web favorites to access your calendar app. With BB's push browser, you'll stay as synced as you

possibly can in real time, AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO INPUT AN APPOINTMENT ONCE FOR IT TO STICK. And best of

all, NO DUPES!

Sorry if I am on the late freight, but hey, it took me a few weeks on my new BB 9360 Curve to get it to

work this way. Hope it helps!

One more thing...make sure you hide the BB calendar so you don't accidentally access it instead of the

web.

Update: I've using this procedure since I first posted on 4/10/12 with NO PROBLEMS...NONE!!!
    04-15-12 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD