Just thought I would share this. Recently, I've been going through the 'New Arrivals' section on the apps & games on the BlackBerry world site in case I miss anything that's actually good - but also because plenty of apps keep getting released with BB10 tablet requirements. Obviously this means I can't buy them and devs don't get any return etc. So I have taken to emailing the devs of any app that listed OS 10 in the tablet requirements and telling them. Nothing terribly interesting I know, but this morning I came across "Zeeek Run" and again it lists OS10 for tablets - so I did my email and thought nothing of it, until I got the response below:

(Names & email addresses redacted for privacy ;-) )
    "
    Hi,

Our game is currently not supported on OS 2.x due to the limitations of our engine who use all the power of os10. We've been told that 10.x update for playbook will be available later and on blackberry world dev portal on supported device there is a playbook with os10.

Thanks for the feedbacks !

Best Regards,
    Midgar Studio CEO

2013/5/23 Young, Alex <[email protected]>
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick note about the listing for the Zeek Run App (https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=GB ) � for tablet OS version you have it listed as version 10+ which isn�t available for the PlayBook yet, the last version is OS 2.1. If it is compatible with the PlayBook, please could you change the OS requirements?

Regards,

Alex Young
    "

Just something to think about anyway :-)
    05-23-13 03:27 AM
    first: thanks for your effort writing emails to all these publishers.

second: yay, sounds really great, there's still hope!
    05-23-13 05:55 AM
    sounds promising, its just a wait and see game at the moment
    05-23-13 06:02 AM
    Also, this article: Blackberry 10 Coming to the Playbook | Good E-Reader - eBooks, Publishing and Comic News

They mention the BB Mexico tweet, which I believe is removed, but they also mention BB's official twitter site, so I dunno? Goodereader is usually pretty reliable with news.
    05-23-13 10:37 AM
    Also, this article: Blackberry 10 Coming to the Playbook | Good E-Reader - eBooks, Publishing and Comic News

They mention the BB Mexico tweet, which I believe is removed, but they also mention BB's official twitter site, so I dunno? Goodereader is usually pretty reliable with news.
    ??!!! that's massive news. even if it got deleted...
    05-23-13 10:58 AM
    Well, one would hope that rim/bbry is honest with the developers and that they are not led astray with false reports of bb10 coming for their apps. Also have to hope that such beliefs are not based on OLD info. As for the Mexico tweet - who knows if someone spoke out of hand and it is coming or someone spoke with, again, OLD knowledge.

Rim continues to confound - for sure
    05-23-13 11:06 AM
    'preciate your diligence w/ all the emails,,, good move...
    05-23-13 01:02 PM
    havent seen that tweet yet, sounds awesome
    05-23-13 01:14 PM
    Good call dude.

Possible BB10 for PlayBook snippet....-bb-world-screenshot-1.jpg
    FF22 and Barracuda7772 like this.
    05-23-13 03:08 PM
    good call indeed. I hope this comes to fruitation
    05-23-13 03:39 PM
    Yup, the Pb and BB10 Tablet are there in plain b&W electrons. Just as easy to erase as Mexican Tweets!!!!
    05-23-13 05:26 PM
    This tablet os10 required has been showing up in some apps before the Z10 even launched. It's nothing new so don't get your hopes up. RIM has been telling developers the same thing they have been telling us. "BlackBerry10 is coming to the Playbook" The things is,they use to tweet this, publicly say it and so on and so forth but lately they won't even mention it. I really think that the BlackBerry10 for PlayBook has been scrapped.
    05-24-13 06:58 AM
    Asked (politely) what it actually meant and . . .

Possible BB10 for PlayBook snippet....-sixtools_1369419960145.jpg

Not one to try to prolong a conspiracy (hell I personally just want to bridge my Q10 to my Playbook - the rest is window dressing) but I think they need to remove that particular tick box on the submission form because those silly Devs appear to be getting confused as it's a mistake that is happening quite a bit recently!
    05-24-13 02:24 PM