My kids use the playbook to watch movies, most of the time they have the volume all the way up. So is there a way to make max volume half of what it normally is? They are 2 and 3, the 3 year old understands half volume the 2 year old does not.
    10-23-12 02:43 PM
    I know what you mean, but thereis not a way to do it natively (i.e. as standard). it only as an option to over-volume.

there may be an app? others may know...

edit: oops! has over volume gone, or am I thinking of a different device?
    10-23-12 03:01 PM
    kboya, if by over-volume you mean the boost feature, it would be available to be enabled only when you plug in headphones...

urbanmx, if it were a suitable solution, you could run another app which would continually monitor the volume and, if it was put above 50%, would drop it back to 50%. Of course, the kids could easily terminate that other app... whether this would work for you depends on them...
    kboya likes this.
    10-23-12 03:16 PM
    Can't do that in software, but here's an idea: take a bit of duct tape and stick it over one of the speakers... Or two bits over half of each speaker, to keep the stereo effect. Make sure the tape is kiddy-safe though.
    10-23-12 05:15 PM