Just wanted to share my thoughts, and say hi to everyone as I am a noob.

Out of the box the Playbook has an absolutely amazing and functional operating system. The out of box support for creating and editing .doc/.xls is spectacular. I also really love that it plays all my .avi without having to download a new video player and then a massive workaround to load said files into the video player (aka iPad which I have owned the 1 and 2).

The screen is really nice and the overall size makes it much more portable than the other larger tablets. I also find the multi-tasking and overall responsiveness to be second to none.

I, as are most people, am always happy to see updates/fixes etc... but if you really look at the positives behind this very new product from Blackberry they have done a great job.

I am starting to get a little perturbed by threads about "should i return" or "just returned" etc... If you don't like it thats fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion but if it doesn't suit your needs there really isn't a huge point to start a new thread e v e r y t i m e this happens, there are many started already where comments and opinions can be added. Just my .02 cents.

I feel lucky to own a Playbook, I enjoy it and although there are some downsides, for my needs it is great. Once there are more apps it will fill in the void for many people as well.

Last comment.....I don't have a blackberry phone, I use Android, my home PC is Windows and my laptop is a Macbook Pro so I do not consider myself to be a fan boy of ANY company. I use what I find works best and don't limit myself based on a brand or logo.
    05-24-11 02:12 PM
    Thanks for this post. Well said!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 03:17 PM
    I like alot about the Playbook except the apps, if this thing had an improved Facebook app, some better news readers like SkyGrid and Pulse, native email, RDP app, ability to connect to more VPNs (doesn't work with our new Cisco / RSA implmentation) and a Windows Messenger app this thing would be absolute gold. If just some of these things come I'll be much happer, as it stands now the device itself and OS is great but the software sucks.
    05-24-11 03:19 PM
    you labeled it wrong. it should have been labeled "thread about nothing" or something other then "positive thread about playbook". your bringing the trolls out nooooooo! to...much.....bait!
    sorry but yeagh good nooby review seems you didn't catch mos. good for you. btw i wasn't using noob derogatory so no offense, you did state you were one though. i for one love my device it reads me bed time stories every night . i got mine on launch and never looked back, it seems get better everyday.... oh that reminds me i'm using it more and the batter lasts 8-11 hours. 8 if i watch a movie 11 if i just surf the net using vnc and play a few games. but nothing really changed in my habits, like i said i think its becoming self aware. the playbook cannot speak any advice given by the playbook should be ignored.
    jajano likes this.
    05-24-11 03:26 PM
    Pulse sucks... It doesn't even have a mark all read option. They've had a thread requesting this single feature that has been going on for 8 months and not a single thing has happened...
    05-24-11 03:29 PM
    The Playbook is an excellent device. QNX is the bright future of mobile computing.
    05-24-11 04:11 PM
    Pulse sucks... It doesn't even have a mark all read option. They've had a thread requesting this single feature that has been going on for 8 months and not a single thing has happened...
    Ya actually I take that back, Glimpse is a good enough replacement to Pulse but I'd love to see a SkyGrid app come to PB, it's by far my favorite news reader on iPad/iPhone, and I emailed them last week to suggest they bring it to PB but never got a response.
    05-24-11 04:42 PM
    They likely did it for the same reason that you decided to start your own thread rather than posting on the existing "I am NOT returning my PB", or "I love my PB" threads. Not trying to take a side here, nor to offend you. Just an observation.
    Maybe so, but it's still refreshing to see one more positive post in an ever-deepening sea of negativity around here lately.

@sturgeon - my sentiments exactly.
    05-24-11 04:47 PM
    Thanks for the positive post!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD