The following is an excerpt from an email from a Playbook developer. He has produced several highly rated Bible apps in Air. Let's hope other developers feel the same about the Cascades. It will mean better apps for users.

" I�ve just started playing with the Cascade tools, RIM did a great job, very nice programming tools and provided for free. I�m going to see if I can get something together, although it is a lot to learn.
    I was thinking that I�ll try to have a BB10 e-Mmanuel in Cascades for the phone......."
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-09-12 04:03 AM
    There is no doubt that Cascades is awesome.. I can understand many App developers with existing majorly invested apps would not want to shift base and create a new app altogether..

But for the ones who have decided to go the Cascades way are producing some heavy duty apps out of nothing at all! This opens doors for many budding developers to produce high-quality and rich UI apps.

Pacemaker & Accuweather for BB10 are good examples of New app and Existing developers.
    05-09-12 04:14 AM
    The following is an excerpt from an email from a Playbook developer. He has produced several highly rated Bible apps in Air. Let's hope other developers feel the same about the Cascades. It will mean better apps for users.

" I�ve just started playing with the Cascade tools, RIM did a great job, very nice programming tools and provided for free. I�m going to see if I can get something together, although it is a lot to learn.
    I was thinking that I�ll try to have a BB10 e-Mmanuel in Cascades for the phone......."
    Excellent. I wish you would. I would love to have it on my phone, since I've become so dependent on it on my PB.
    05-09-12 10:55 AM
    Just start learning. Excited!!!
    05-09-12 02:05 PM

Yup, that quote is from me. I can say that if RIM had offered the Cascades Builder with the IDE from the beginning, the quality and quantity of apps we'd have now in App World would be very different (in a good way). I certainly would have appreciated getting those tools for free rather than purchasing Adobe Flash Builder.
    I'm still just beginning to play with the tools, and trying to figure out how I can maximize code reuse, because I've put in hundreds of hours into coding e-Mmanuel (in all its varieties... then again maybe I'm just a slow coder... it is just a hobby for me afterall). But the impression is good so far, very exciting.
    Can't wait for BB10 Jam Road Show in Toronto in June!
    05-09-12 02:14 PM
    would the app also work on the playbook, or is it not that simple
    05-09-12 03:36 PM
    would the app also work on the playbook, or is it not that simple
    Once the PlayBook is updated to BB10, apps should be compatible, adjusting for the different resolutions. However, most devs would want to change their UI to account for the screen size. Some buttons on my PB apps would be too small to press if kept at the same pixel size on a phone sized screen.
    05-09-12 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD