remember that "outage" - i do

i also remember having sasktel unlimited data and roaming in calgary

you know what was super awesome?

i could still tether unlimited via my blackberry, using it as a bluetooth modem, with the super convenient "internet tethering" feature on the playbook

just sayin'

also, that game "modern combat 2" by game loft works on os 2.0 and works online using "internet tethering", just sayin'

i don't know - i guess i can't wait for the real 2.0
    11-11-11 08:29 PM
    You know I love the fact that the PB lacks a file system... when I'm looking to email an attachment hidden in hundreds of files (that were in separate folders)...

It's like a stress-free fun extra game I didn't know I had called "Retro Useless Email - Find the file we hid for you!"

just sayin'
    11-11-11 08:41 PM
    Take a chill pill entimp. There are bigger problems in life. Pretty sure you can create directories to organize your stuff if you just get yourself an app for that..
    erhan8 and sk8er_tor like this.
    11-11-11 08:45 PM
    I like the positive threads.... so sick of seeing the downers. Makes me not come here as much. Thanks
    Too bad someone already had to throw the negativity in though .
    I'm still loving my PB.
    It's been great during travel and having the tether feature, not paying an extra data fee makes me a happy girl too.
    11-11-11 08:48 PM
    I like the positive threads.... so sick of seeing the downers. Makes me not come here as much. Thanks
    Too bad someone already had to throw the negativity in though .
    I'm still loving my PB.
    It's been great during travel and having the tether feature, not paying an extra data fee makes me a happy girl too.

^^Amen to that! Way to go entimp - chasing the ladies away!
    11-11-11 08:51 PM
    Take a chill pill entimp. There are bigger problems in life. Pretty sure you can create directories to organize your stuff if you just get yourself an app for that..
    That's the point... directories are created and ignored. I will gladly be a convert to my PB if you can demonstrate how to get a directory/folder view when adding a file attachment via the Bridged Mail App.
    11-11-11 08:58 PM
    This is a love thread. We must learn to chill and be one with the playbook. Now say this ,"I love my playbook" (join in), I love my playbook, and click your heels together 3 times and say" theres no company like RIM " c'mon join in.....
    steve911 likes this.
    11-11-11 09:14 PM
    i like the web browser.

i like how the playbook handles video in hd. absolutely no stutter.

i like the sound. great to hear some low frequency tones (no tinny sound) from such a small device.

i like the slick professional look (all black and no shiny parts).

i like waking it up with a swipe and the sensitive bezel controls in general.

i like the interface of the native pre-installed apps.

i like how fast it picks up and connects to a network.

edit: forgot to mention the live window carousel. easy to work with multiple active apps.
    Last edited by adamman; 11-11-11 at 09:22 PM.
    11-11-11 09:15 PM
    Proud of you adamman for looking at the bright side...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-11-11 at 09:24 PM.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    11-11-11 09:22 PM
    i like the web browser.

i like how the playbook handles video in hd. absolutely no stutter.

i like the sound. great to hear some low frequency tones (no tinny sound) from such a small device.

i like the slick professional look (all black and no shiny parts).

i like waking it up with a swipe and the sensitive bezel controls in general.

i like the interface of the native pre-installed apps.

i like how fast it picks up and connects to a network.

edit: forgot to mention the live window carousel. easy to work with multiple active apps.
    Very nice! (harp music plays in background)
    FF22 likes this.
    11-11-11 09:29 PM
    Well let me add a tiny violin too.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxauqa7rJgI[/YT]
    11-11-11 09:40 PM
    Well let me add a tiny violin too.

you are a talented person entimp can you play us something more cheerful instead, please?
    Last edited by adamman; 11-11-11 at 09:50 PM.
    11-11-11 09:46 PM
    In the spirit of things:

I like 'Feed Wheel', perhaps the only decent app I've found.
    11-11-11 09:51 PM
    I think I'm going to stay up in the rafters.... this is not a 'love thread'
    11-11-11 10:09 PM
    It's funny how the PB gets pounded for its shortcomings, despite the fact that QNX is a very recent acquisition for RIM. If Dexter St. Jobs would have incorporated something like the BB bridge, Veterans day would have been switched to Job's day. Even when RIM gets things right those that are accustomed to complaining wont give any sort of credit. Once the app eco system gets developed the PB is going to be a force. For now, it serves my business needs. I didn't buy this tablet for what it was going to be, I bought it for what it was at the time of purchase.
    Jake Storm, AZ87, Dapper37 and 4 others like this.
    11-11-11 10:20 PM
    I think I'm going to stay up in the rafters.... this is not a 'love thread'
    If those rafters are in a barn - it could lead to a roll in the hay.
    11-11-11 10:26 PM
    One of the things I love most about my playbook is that it fits my personality. It's subtle (7" form factor not look-at-me 10") and it does what I need it to do (browser, bridge, video) without the glitter (how come no one ever asks "do we really need an app for that?").
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-11-11 11:32 PM
    If those rafters are in a barn - it could lead to a roll in the hay.
    lol funny you!
    11-12-11 12:23 AM
    I didn't buy this tablet for what it was going to be, I bought it for what it was at the time of purchase.
    Not disagreeing with you on this point, because we know what we have, but on the flipside what I find exciting is the unknown and what we might get in OS 2.0. I purchased my PB knowing it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that RIMs competitives may have but I'm prepared to be part of the trial and error journey that RIM has decided to take.

Right now there are many things that "I Love about my PB"

- At the beginning of the day a couple of swipes tells me the weather
    - Having access to the Bridge ensures that I have everything one centralised spot without having the need to store data in yet another place (contacts, notes, emails etc)
    - Evernote is great on the PB, not overly fancy but a quick application that allows me to take notes, clear my head and make action points for later.
    - Groovy Notes, I use to reflect on my day and to jot down the positive accomplishes made.
    - Box.net has lots of documents and files that I can use on the go on my PB while also allowing me to sync them so I can access them on my work or home PC.
    - Use Blaq on a daily basis to keep up to date on the latest tweets and trending topics.
    - Swiping gestures are awesome and removes the need to use buttons.
    - The responsiveness of the current OS is fast and fluid without any lag.
    - I like the ability to browse forums like this one on my PB to quickly add my to 2 cents worth.
    - Used mymusiccloud on my PB yesterday and now I have access to my favourite music and can stream them when ever there is a wifi connection available but if not, no big deal because I can still listen to the songs from my Torch if I want too.
    - Watching movies on the PB is a treat and quite often I hook it up to my monitor, using a DVI to HDMI converter.
    - Shotting HD video is a nice touch and I have used it a couple of times at a birthday parties.
    - I have installed the OS 2.0 at one point and managed to use apps like Kindle and Tweetcaster which were awesome.

Since purchasing my PB I haven't been able to put it down, and what I like most is it looks as if there is a lot more exciting developements to come.
    AggreX likes this.
    11-12-11 01:29 AM
    You know I love the fact that the PB lacks a file system... when I'm looking to email an attachment hidden in hundreds of files (that were in separate folders)...

It's like a stress-free fun extra game I didn't know I had called "Retro Useless Email - Find the file we hid for you!"

just sayin'
    I use Files & Folders, cheap and cheerful.

Sorry, reread your post. F&F does not resolve the issue of the email attachment.
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 11-12-11 at 02:14 AM.
    11-12-11 01:58 AM
    I love the 7inch formfactor of the Playbook, it realy is a portable device.

I use it a lot to:

Browse the web when i am not near my pc or mac.
    Watch movies on the device, or connected to my TV using HDMI.
    Check and edit my blog using the great Playbook Browser.
    Play games when bored.
    Listen to music by using Radio on Air for example.
    Make nice Movies with the HQ Camera, and Pictures ofcourse
    Check my Email by using Blackberry Bridge of using the Webmail sites of my account.
    BBM using Bridge on my playbook.
    RDP to my windows machines using Android app Remote RDP Ent.

Anyway... i use it a lot, and gets better and better...i realy like the Playbook.

Here you see my playbook in action.

Blackberry Playbook Running Qnx OS 2.0.0.3378 dev Beta | SKATEMANSWORLD

SKATEMANSWORLD | on a strict need to know basis�
    AggreX and PTZ like this.
    11-12-11 03:05 AM

just sayin'
    the playbook has a file system

i use "air browser" to navigate the system to find email attachments i saved

just sayin'
    11-12-11 11:39 PM
    my playbook has mostly replaced my broken laptop

the only thing i wish i could do on my playbook is some sort of desktop manager app

just not too sure how well it would work over bluetooth, whatevz, it would be cool
    11-12-11 11:43 PM
    the playbook came out and i bought it, expecting it to do everything it did and was impressed from the start

sure there are not as many apps, but i expected that

there were some bonuses that i didn't expect too, like the gaming for instance. i like games just like most people. the playbook is more than decent for games, albeit does not have as huge of a selection as we might find elsewhere - the good news is, the list is growing and is impressive

i'm excited about it's ability to handle games. i look forward to a lot more cool titles in the near future

i would love to see an EA medal of honor port to the playbook

i would love to see a brothers in arms port to the playbook

i would also love to see a version of company of heroes for this!

anyways, peace
    Last edited by buckwylder; 11-13-11 at 02:25 AM.
    11-12-11 11:58 PM
    I was itching to post in here I...

...love how my playbook fits in my pocket

...love how i dont need to purchase a separate data plan for online access

...i love how the playbook extends the security of my blackberry (thats two loves in one really)

...love how i ordered 2playbooks and was finally able to explore and get right into the fabulous experience in no time at all (extremely user friendly)

...love how professional it looks and feels

...love love love my playbook (and so does my girlfriend)

...love the many apps available are apps that I need... who actually uses the 100's of thousands of apps...like honestly ?

*slow exhale* I am looking forward to the new OS, patiently. I KNOW it wont disappoint (right RIM)...

The future does indeed, look friendly (I love that too...lol)

BB4L !!!
    AggreX likes this.
    11-12-11 11:58 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD