Blackberry just announce, BBM is available now (again) for android.

I'm still waiting if anyone done port/convert it from .apk to .bar and workwell running on playbook.
    (well... beside the issue that bbm for android is will run on 4.0-up system only)

I download the apk from playstore, and try convert it using BHHtools, it's successfuly converted and signed.

So i sideload it to my playbook using DDPB.....

Success... you can see below

here the SS:

But, if the android runtime support issue is true..
    i wonder the error notification when i open it, is just not like this:

(note: with wifi connected)

anyone try this, or successfuly...?
    10-21-13 04:00 PM
    No native bbm app for PlayBook and any app or os update.it died.F..k rim...
    MichealBerry likes this.
    10-21-13 05:00 PM
    Please not this again
    10-21-13 05:19 PM
    it doesn't work, already tried

bbm for iphone/android has been made with native code and if it wasn't the case

it works on android 4.0.4+ so no go ...since our playbooks android runtime is on 2.3.3
    10-21-13 05:48 PM
    No native bbm app for PlayBook and any app or os update.it died.F..k rim...
    a week ago blackberry release an update 2.1.0.1753, how can u say it died...?

Please not this again
    why not....? nothing is immposible.

it doesn't work, already tried

bbm for iphone/android has been made with native code and if it wasn't the case

it works on android 4.0.4+ so no go ...since our playbooks android runtime is on 2.3.3
    i just assume, if we can videochat through BBID to BB10 (vice versa), why we don't had any chance? beside PB it self contain pin also.
    10-22-13 10:07 PM
    why not....? nothing is immposible.
    If nothing was impossible, the PlayBook would be running BB10 by now.

I would love to see a standalone BBM on the PlayBook but unless the android player gets updated or BlackBerry decides to release BBM for the PlayBook, I don't see it happening.
    10-22-13 10:17 PM
    If nothing was impossible, the PlayBook would be running BB10 by now.

I would love to see a standalone BBM on the PlayBook but unless the android player gets updated or BlackBerry decides to release BBM for the PlayBook, I don't see it happening.
    acceptable reason..
    but i wonder the time have an answer, beside BB bussy to push point of sales of BB10 device, they bussy to launch BBM for android and IOS.
    hopely they didn't cut playbook from their roadmap.
    10-24-13 01:20 AM
    any one tried this ported files? it is BB 10 dev edition. according to the website almost all stock essentials work. and you will have android 4.0 library hence , you can run BBM

http://www.dev-f0go.com/2012/10/port...-playbook.html

Working:

-AppWorld / Can only download apps you've already downloaded ever
    -Zinio
    -Facebook
    -Press Reader
    -Bing Maps
    -Browser
    -Clock
    -Music Store
    -Calendar
    -Contacts
    -YouTube
    -Camera / You have to install the BB10 Camera App.

Not Working

-Docs to Go
    -Adobe Reader
    -File Manager
    -Pictures
    -Print To Go
    -Accesories Store
    -Twitter
    -Video Chat
    -Videos
    -Voice Notes
    -Android Apps
    -Calculadora
    -Music

now I am a complete noob with playbook so before I dare to try this. I am wondering if any expert here can verify if it is true.. Sounds too good to be true..

is it safe? can you really restore playbook as easy as it says in that site?
    You can restore all this process anytime following this steps.

1. Connect via USB and tunr off your playbook.
    2. Hold the power button and Volume -
    3. BlackBerry Desktope Software will alert that you must repair your Playbook, click on "Repair".

comments??
    10-24-13 01:37 AM
    If you follow those steps the way they are written, your PlayBook will not boot. Those builds of BB10 do run on the PlayBook but have an expiry date built in. Boot with today's date set and you are stuck and must revert to 2.1.

But yes, if you are running 10.0.9.388 and you manage to get it to actually connect to your BBID you can use the version of BBM that comes with it. It is NOT the Android port, but a native build. My BBID never did connect no matter how many times I followed the steps posted on here earlier this year.

You will not have Android 4.0, that feature did not come about until 10.2. You will, however have Cascades.

Yes you can go back. I have done so before several times on my 16GB PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    ndondo likes this.
    10-24-13 11:42 PM
    If you follow those steps the way they are written, your PlayBook will not boot. Those builds of BB10 do run on the PlayBook but have an expiry date built in. Boot with today's date set and you are stuck and must revert to 2.1.

But yes, if you are running 10.0.9.388 and you manage to get it to actually connect to your BBID you can use the version of BBM that comes with it. It is NOT the Android port, but a native build. My BBID never did connect no matter how many times I followed the steps posted on here earlier this year.

You will not have Android 4.0, that feature did not come about until 10.2. You will, however have Cascades.

Yes you can go back. I have done so before several times on my 16GB PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    can you give a guidence how to do if i stuck with that devalpha OS, and wanna go back to 2.1 again?
    or maybe any post here talked about that already?
    10-25-13 11:04 PM
    can you give a guidence how to do if i stuck with that devalpha OS, and wanna go back to 2.1 again?
    or maybe any post here talked about that already?
    Use BlackBerry Desktop Software as described earlier.

All I had to do was just restart the playbook while plugged in via USB with BlackBerry Desktop Software running, and then follow the on screen instructions. It was not difficult at all.

Don't mess with that OS unless you have a good reason to do so. The version of BBM offered is neat but it does not make up for all the things that do not work. You will be unhappy with the results. Better off just using Bridge, seeing as BB10 now does support bridged BBM.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 01:51 PM