I was just at best buy refunding my ipad 2 and the case for it. It had a big lineup so i thought id roam the tablet isle for a few until some of the geese fled. Went to the isle and there must have been 20-25 playbooks stacked up in the locked cabinet, absolutely no one was buying them. No ipad 2s but there was at least 8 or 9 people fiddling around with the ipad 2 demos while not one single person was even giving Mr Playbook any affection. He was just sitting there all lonely, naked in his bareshell with no hands on him.

I finally go to refund my ipad 2 and literally every best buy worker there froze in utter shock like "omgz youre returning an ipad2?" "How dare you!" "this guy is returning an ipad!" "Are you insane?" Haha they didnt say that but going by the looks on their faces im sure they were thinking that. I was like "uhhh ya, i just dont want it...not everyone bends over for ipads" *sigh*
    Yup, that sounds like the Best Buy by my home. People are lined up to play with the Ipad and Ipad 2 like they were just released today and not a single person playing with the PB.
    thatgadgetgirl likes this.
    04-25-11 02:53 AM
    Why would any average joe buy a Playbook? They know absolutely nothing about it and don't care to know. 99% would get an iPad because they know what it is -- it is familiar, it is everywhere, it is a safe bet and it makes the average joe popular and cool.

No one buys a Playbook except us who follow the tablet world closely.
    Oh brother. People dont buy the Ipad becuase they think it will make them look cool. This argument is rediculous. People buy the Ipad becuase its a great product. Insulting apple or its users gets you nowhere and quite frankly, reaks of jealousy.
    Last edited by garment69; 04-25-11 at 06:58 AM.
    04-25-11 06:37 AM
    my first BB was the Bold 9700 and i love the BES desktop manager for back ups and corporate functionality i have with e-mails, calendars etc. i'm really happy with the PB and i believe the soft launch was designed for the BB faithful like myself.
    I am happy that you like your PB but BES is not a desktop manager. I would expect a member of the BB faithful to know that (though you haven't been a member very long)
    04-25-11 11:16 AM
    Oh brother. People dont buy the Ipad becuase they think it will make them look cool. This argument is rediculous. People buy the Ipad becuase its a great product. Insulting apple or its users gets you nowhere and quite frankly, reaks of jealousy.
    Sorry if that hurt your feelings. I'm not saying it was THE reason.

All the people who bought a BWM did it first and foremost for the driving experience?! Yeah, sure.
    Last edited by Intosh; 04-25-11 at 04:07 PM.
    04-25-11 04:02 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD