I give credit where its due. Kevin called b.s. on Balsillie and Lazaridis' claim that they didnt know how many playbooks have been sold and i agree but i would like to really applaud Craig as i agree 100% on nearly everything he said... Not only that the playbook should have had more core native apps on release but most importantly that rim is in the mess its in now due to the arrogance of the two ceo's... back when the winds of change were blowing the continued to smugly ignore it and say "we'll pass". Double kudos to Craig's observation, which i myself posted a parallel to a few days ago, that those two gentlemen are completely unbelievable when they claim they were taken by surprise by a change in consumer tastes regarding smartphone hardware.

I will take one exception to one of Kevin's remarks. He claimed he didnt believe rim was being hesitant on catching up just so they could sell the old stuff first. I believe that is exactly what those two arrogant tools are doing. . Rim spokespersons have clearly stated that rim buys hardware (chipsets for example) in such large bulk that they wait until the old inventory is gone before "they schedule an upgrade".

In the old days that worked. Blackberry loyalty was stronger and also there was less.competition. NOW neither are true. Customers are bailing and saying "fine, you wait, im going with a better device... when you decide to catch up let me know."

The times they are a changing; rim better change with it or you havent seen nothing yet when it comes to declining revenue and stock prices. Hint to rim's two co-ceo tools; No more delays. Produce something. That goes with playbook OS improvement especially.

Facts cannot be insolent. Dont get mad at me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bb-bandit likes this.
    06-29-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD