Almost every few hours post the release of this super OS 2.0 update, I find something new I didn't know I had before, or even after I updated my OS. Here's one I was happy to find, the "Blackberry News App" for the PlayBook. Now, I know that I didn't download the app, so I'm assuming it was part of the update. It's free, and has pre-populated feeds from the top news sites.

Post any Easter Eggs you find as you explore the awesomeness that is the BlackBerry Playbook, whether it was pre-installed or not.

Thanks RIM.
    02-23-12 05:39 PM
    I thought you were announcing the discovery of Microsoft Flight Simulator embedded in the Sheets-to-Go application.

Note: The URL is a safe link to Columbia University.
    saudadeii and tumblingdice03 like this.
    02-23-12 05:45 PM
    I deleted it because I won't use it but this got me thinking... how do you bring things like that back after you delete them? They don't appear in the app world under the deleted items list. Was this one a shortcut instead maybe?
    02-23-12 06:11 PM
    I deleted it because I won't use it but this got me thinking... how do you bring things like that back after you delete them? They don't appear in the app world under the deleted items list. Was this one a shortcut instead maybe?
    Try checking for a software update. This technique worked under OS 1.0.8.
    02-23-12 06:17 PM
    Try checking for a software update. This technique worked under OS 1.0.8.
    Doesn't work

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 06:18 PM
    Almost every few hours post the release of this super OS 2.0 update, I find something new I didn't know I had before, or even after I updated my OS. Here's one I was happy to find, the "Blackberry News App" for the PlayBook. Now, I know that I didn't download the app, so I'm assuming it was part of the update. It's free, and has pre-populated feeds from the top news sites.

Post any Easter Eggs you find as you explore the awesomeness that is the BlackBerry Playbook, whether it was pre-installed or not.

Thanks RIM.
    Sorry, but that was already on the PB before the update.
    02-23-12 06:23 PM
    I'm pretty sure it was a shortcut and not an app, I thought I remembered checking to see which was an app and which was a shortcut. I don't need it back but it would be good to know how to recover one if I accidentally delete it from the UI
    02-23-12 06:25 PM
    I know what I had on my Playbook before the update, and that news app was not one of them. That said, I would just go to App World and download the app if you don't see it as a deleted app.
    02-23-12 06:28 PM
    You should be able to search App World and install it.
    02-23-12 06:32 PM
    "Launch in PlayBook browser" when you are in the Android browser. For example, I've started using taptu as my RSS reader (it's awesome, really impressed). One thing I didn't like with Android apps (in 2.0 beta) was that web links would use the built-in Android browser, which is OK but nothing like as good as the PB browser. Now when in that browser if you bring up the options (swipe down from top bezel) you can launch the PB browser!

It also appears most links to pictures or videos (or even email addresses) bring up the native apps in the PB... fantastic!
    02-23-12 06:33 PM
    Sorry, but that was already on the PB before the update.
    OP's point was that it wasn't previously on HIS. Says it installed itself along with the update.
    02-23-12 06:40 PM
    I know what I had on my Playbook before the update, and that news app was not one of them. That said, I would just go to App World and download the app if you don't see it as a deleted app.
    yep it's there

Sent from Blackberry Playbook Tapatalk
    02-23-12 07:16 PM
    Yup I like it to. I like the other news reader as well. I didn't know any of those extra apps were on the right. Total accident finding them.

H
    02-23-12 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD