I did a search. Loving the playbook. On my ipad 2 there is ibooks which i love. Im not comparing or complaining. But is there anything in appworld that works for reading pdf files other than adobe? I cant believe how slow and limited it is. It was the same on my hp touchpad.
    12-06-11 12:54 AM
    Hmm.

What you need to do is upgrade to OS 2.0 and then side load the ReliGo Reader. This is the only way I have found to get a decent PDF reader on the PB.

I've been using this and it works a charm. I couldn't open a password protected magazine I read on the standard reader.
    12-06-11 02:14 AM
    That's good news yzf. Any chance you could add the ReliGo Reader bar file to the index posted at https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...heets&hl=en_US ?
    12-06-11 04:16 AM
    its there already. works great. love it. now I'm running into problems where I need multiple android applications open hate the fact they all run under the same one single window
    12-06-11 05:00 AM
    It's kind of "native", but more of an excellent workaround.

If you have wifi or bridge access, uploading the pdf to Google Docs and viewing it from the Browser gives you some nice features not curently available on the native PB pdf viewer, such as:

- Scrollable sidebar with minature page view
    - Text search, for ocr rendered docs
    - Two page side to side view
    - Unlike the native pdf reader, doing a multitouch zoom on one page zooms the whole document, so that you don't have to re-zoom each page.

One problem that I did have was that when I tried uploading a large pdf (27 mb) goodocs didn't allow viewing. I found out later that there is a 100 page limit if you will want to view the pdf. I then split up the pdf into 100 page chunks, and it works fine.

Best of luck!
    Steve
    Last edited by saescott; 12-06-11 at 12:32 PM.
    12-06-11 08:20 AM
    Hmm.

What you need to do is upgrade to OS 2.0 and then side load the ReliGo Reader. This is the only way I have found to get a decent PDF reader on the PB.

I've been using this and it works a charm. I couldn't open a password protected magazine I read on the standard reader.
    PDFUnlock! - Unlock secured PDF files online for free.

This site can help you to deal with protected PDF file.
    12-06-11 08:39 AM
    Sideload RepliGo Reader...it's better than GoodReader!

1. Download the DDPB installer program and install it (google it)
    2. Download the RepliGo .BAR file (google it)
    3. Open the DDPB program
    4. Connect your PlayBook to computer
    5. Select the RepliGo .BAR file, click install

You should see a new red PDF icon on your PlayBook...it's a GREAT PDF reader/searcher/highlighter/bookmarker..etc..!
    02-26-12 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD