Major R&D, generally speaking, doesn't release early. No amount of begging on an internet forum can change that fact.

28 yrs of designing bleeding edge hardware. Have appreciation of the hundreds of things that can go wrong to blow a schedule and the hundreds of people who are all lined up on a projected schedule release. You don't have someone just pick up a phone and have all those people alter their lives because the crackberry crowd is getting antsy.
    I understand what you are saying and I agree that comments on a forum won't convince RIM to push OS 2.0 out early. I wasn't begging; at least I don't think so.

But when the ship is sinking, you don't bother to wash and clean the lifeboats.

Since RIM has not announced a firm release date, anything is still possible. I guess I am an optimist.
    dropnreload likes this.
    01-26-12 05:01 AM
    Ahaha.... We'll be lucky if it's on time... Let alone early....

And that's the truth!
    01-26-12 06:15 AM
    Why did my eyes read this thread title as: "Press release: OS2 EARLY!" LOL I need a cup of coffee.
    urbanguy likes this.
    01-26-12 07:00 AM
    Why did my eyes read this thread title as: "Press release: OS2 EARLY!" LOL I need a cup of coffee.
    Whoa... I could've sworn I saw "Press Release" and not "Please Release"... guess I've been had...
    01-26-12 12:05 PM
    Whoa... I could've sworn I saw "Press Release" and not "Please Release"... guess I've been had...
    01-26-12 12:15 PM
    Sorry, now I get it! I should choose my words more carefully! I don't want to give anyone a heart attack! But there is enough reality out there. It's time for a little fantasy and fiction.

Go ahead and laugh! I'll probably be sleeping with the fishes if uncle Vito finds out about this!
    Last edited by djnshores; 01-26-12 at 02:21 PM.
    01-26-12 02:16 PM
    Keep in mind this isn't a "bashing" response, just a follow up to your request. Go to the 1215 news release. Early in the release and then again on page 6. It reads that RIMM sold into channels approx 150,000....and sell through to the end customer , based on RIMM's internal data, was much higher than that. (looks favorable as you read that). Now, go to page 14 of the same release, under the "Executive Summary" and it then states "the number of BB PB tablets shipped during 3rd qtr of fiscal 2012 was approximately 150,000, of which, 37,000 were recognized as revenue".
    1st qtr: 500,000; 2nd qtr: 200,000, 3rd qtr: 37,000. And that is what I meant by "pretty sobering". That said, I look forward to the 2.0 update. The sell through of the 64gb and others of late should boost those numbers. The PB is an awesome piece of equipment and I look forward to traveling with the Bold 9930 and this in my satchel..along with my laptop, which I hope, stays in my satchel
    Last edited by buckeyeinhooville; 01-26-12 at 08:27 PM.
    djnshores likes this.
    01-26-12 08:23 PM
    Right.... let's see:

1. initially suggest it will ship around DevCon in the fall
    2. at the last minute ditch those plans and tell everyone you'll be delaying 4 months until February, since it's critical to get it all done properly and you will not ship something that works poorly
    3. work diligently until you're almost there and it's almost but not quite done
    4. rather than finish testing thoroughly, ship 3 weeks early, with numerous bugs and issues
    5. sit back and watch the great reviews and profits roll in!

Sounds like a great plan to me!
    You forgot about the "plan" to release OS2 3 weeks early and 2 weeks prior to the deadline for developers to submit updates. Broken apps always make consumers happy!
    01-26-12 08:59 PM
    I guess lots of BB fans bought PB based on RIMM promises to have these and
    those on time, but surely all those are not in contract, so you bought
    on your own risk by trusting RIMM.
    However when RIMM said that loud on the street, then those words would act as
    "virtual contract" and surely there will be consequence by not delivering it.
    RIMM already get this punishment for this by having their stock jump down the roof.
    Now the new CEO steps up and do another promises to deliver these and those
    on time .... We will see how RIMM execute another of this contract.
    Dude, chill.

The point was THEY DON'T "OWE" YOU ANYTHING. You didn't order a burger and fries. You ordered, and got, a burger. They came along LATER and offered fries and you'll get them, just later than they promised.

You've bashed them 8 ways to Sunday, and you're upset. WE GOT IT. YOu feel entitled. I hear ya (though I don't agree). That "virtual contract" you speak of is on your part. There wasn't even a handshake or look in the eye. And even you admitted it was AFTER you purchased your PB.

Check your contract and have a decaf. Thrashing around, blaming folks, targeting me won't make it happen any sooner, really.

It's coming. We'll all get it at the same time.

Don't worry, be happy.
    Barljo, djnshores and pmccartney like this.
    01-27-12 12:22 AM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD