RIM must put an option on the tutorial this is nuts, if you are setting up a few of these things you want to through it out the window for making you go through that crap again and again
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    04-21-11 07:50 PM
    lol i was thinking the same thing today after forcing an OS update today :-)
    04-21-11 08:55 PM
    +1 Doing this after each update is going to get old?
    04-21-11 10:10 PM
    I only sat through 2 yesterday and that was enough. I can't believe it cannot be avoided. Swipe, swipe, swipe................
    04-21-11 10:34 PM
    Here's an idea: how about they find a way to skip the frequent re-installs.
    Here's an idea: in your quest to try and be critical ad nauseum, how about you pay attention to what is actually posted??

"... if you are setting up a few of these things ... "
    04-21-11 10:58 PM
    /agree 1000% lol
    01-06-12 06:14 PM
    Why is this ancient thread being revived? Does it serve a useful purpose?
    01-06-12 07:03 PM
    If RIM did what you asked, you would have nothing to complain anymore. What fun would that be huh?
    01-06-12 07:24 PM
    Spankerton is a newbee to crackberry and probably is checking things out, and the playbook may be new to him as well, and noticed this old thread and agreed 1000% I would actually love this too, keep it, but allow people to short circuit it, swipe up and swipe down, your done...no need to wait for instruction!
    01-06-12 07:30 PM
    If they didn't have the mandatory app, I guarantee there would be several threads of people saying how difficult it is to use the playbook. "There are not buttons! I can't exit my app!!" or "There is no blackberry button! How do I access the menu?!"

No matter what, someone is going to complain. Rather have the people who know whats going on and are patient, complain, than the people who don't know whats going on and will return it back to the store, complain.
    blue-b likes this.
    01-06-12 07:34 PM
    I buy broken playbooks(67 so far) repair them and donate 3/4 of them to gifted underprivilidged kids and sell the other 1/4 to help buy parts and more broken playbooks.So this really gets to be a pain time after time after time.Sometimes several times on same playbook while testing functionality.ONE TIME one actually said SKIP in the lower right hand corner.Never saw it before or since.
    02-22-13 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD