I have a 16 gig PB and I am on OS v. 2.0.1.358.

Out of nowhere, or perhaps after the most recent OS update, my PB became really slow. The browser takes forever to load, youtube app doesn't load correctly and app world is very unstable to the point where I have to force close it more than half the time. Right now I am not even using my PB because it is that bad. I have tried clearing the browser data and installing the OS again, but nothing has worked.

What are my options? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

EDIT: I have also tried rebooting the PB. It is not a router issue. All the PCs and tablets in my house work fine and the PB indicates there is a strong connection.
    Last edited by LLAC00; 05-04-12 at 01:47 PM.
    05-04-12 01:43 PM
    I am no expert, but what does your memory say? Go to the settings, about, and then select hardware. My available memory is normally at 400+ and when it gets too low (around 200) then it slows down a lot... but that happens with Android apps for me.

Do you have Android apps installed?

How did you reinstall the OS? Security wipe or through the Desktop Manager? From comments I read it is best from the DM.

Also it sounds like you problems are with apps that use the internet (from your examples). Maybe try your PlayBook from a free wifi zone elsewhere (Starbucks, some libraries, etc). Router configuration problem?

You sound like you did a lot already, so if nobody else has any ideas then your best bet would probably call support.
    05-04-12 02:18 PM
    How full is your 16gig with video, music, photos, etc?

And the pb seems to be more finicky (I wish rim would figure out what is what with wifi) about wifi than other devices so just because they work does not mean the pb is working well.
    05-04-12 03:02 PM
    I didn't have wifi issues but the PB was slow all around until the second reboot(the three button). One with the install and two more after. It's worth a shot.
    05-04-12 03:23 PM
    I know this is going to sound really kooky, but try this:
    1. Delete the saved profile for your wifi. If you use multiple profiles, delete all of them. I know its a pain, but if it helps, it will be worth it.

2. Before reconnecting to your wifi, reboot your router. Then reconnect your pb to the wifi.

I was having a problem with bbid not recognizing my internet connection, in spite of the fact appworld saw it, as well as the rest of the device. By doing this, it fixed my problem totally.
    05-04-12 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD