That is the bottom line. If RIM can beat Galaxy's offer, they are the big winner, in more ways than one if the pilot program is also successful.

I would love for RIM to get this contract, cause if the pilot is good, and they launch this nationwide that's gonna be hundreds of playbooks to order every academic year. But unfortunately I cannot get anybody to respond to email from RIM, and Samsung jumped on this from the first attempt to reach them.

I was able to get Alec Saunders to look at the proposal, and he said he likes it and will forward to education group. But I have not heard back from them and the clock is ticking.
    Why not if they match?
    02-14-12 06:20 PM
    That is the bottom line. If RIM can beat Galaxy's offer, they are the big winner, in more ways than one if the pilot program is also successful.

I would love for RIM to get this contract, cause if the pilot is good, and they launch this nationwide that's gonna be hundreds of playbooks to order every academic year. But unfortunately I cannot get anybody to respond to email from RIM, and Samsung jumped on this from the first attempt to reach them.

I was able to get Alec Saunders to look at the proposal, and he said he likes it and will forward to education group. But I have not heard back from them and the clock is ticking.
    would you mind sending me the proposal so i can look at it before i write mine for the place i work?

(i wont use yours bc the setting is very different, but just to get a starting point)

if you cant dont worry, no problems
    02-14-12 11:07 PM
    I've written two relatively small grants on this for my school, but have not yet heard any responses. I also think the Playbook would be ideal for student use, but my boss is holding a wait and see attitude on RIM, which I can understand. He can't see buying from RIM until their future is more secure in his eyes. I'm having to look around for other avenues of starting a pilot program, so I'd be interested to see how other pilot programs with Playbooks play out.
    02-15-12 12:08 AM
    There is clearly a demand in secondary education market for tablets, Playbook can really be a market leader in this space. College market is pretty much lost to Apple, but in high school the kids don't have direct buying power yet, the schools manage buying decisions and if RIM plays their cards right they can get on the school's good side. Once they get a grasp on the kids in high schools, they will stay loyal in college.
    02-15-12 12:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD