The playbook software version 1.0 was only useable with a BB phone 7.0 and higher, and it was intended as a compamion to a BB
    the rest of the software was just very limited for the first 9 month
    with PB OS 2.0 and some android app the Playbook become acceptable at least
    the problem started when Verizon, Sprint and ATT did not support the BT bridge, only T-Mobile really supports the Bridge
    RIMM should have cleared this with the Mobile companies before bringing the PB on the market

The only reason for me to buy ( paid full price) the PB was, that I could bridge it with my BB Phone 9730 (3G), on my 2GB data plan from my T-mobile plan, this alone saves me about US $ 35 to 45 per month ( no separate data contract). If I upgrade my BB to 4G phone and I would have a great tablet for another 2 years

Once the natural life of my PB is over, I will change my system to a Windows 8 phone, Windows 8 Tablet and my laptop and desktop will run windows 8 as well. All on one platform.
    The survivors will be
    Apple OS - as a high value entertainment tablet
    Android - for less expensive tablets, with customized software version
    Windows 8 - for the business and more serious tablet users
    The will be no space for RIMM

11-06-12 11:25 AM
    I'm a new comer in the blackberry universe. never purchased a BB phone. Because I don't like bulky phones, and because I don't have any use of the BB as a business tool.
    Now that I bought the playbook and see how good it is, if I compare it to the other tablets I've tested ( Galaxy, iPad), I begin to like the BB thing. especially if the BB10 phone will be all touch screen. ( don't like the physical keyboard, don't use it that much).

I think that BlackBerry can make a pretty good come back on the market if they offer a user-friendly products line, and just answer quickly and positively to what the market is asking/waiting for.
    Stewartj1 and axeman1000 like this.
    11-06-12 11:34 AM
    So android better be worried if everyone with a pc moves to wp8 also. Probably apple too since pc's out number macs by a huge margin. So there will only be ms and apple then?
    11-06-12 11:37 AM
    Windows 8 is a software still not secure enough to beat bb10

iOS will accidentally fall off the cliff after they release another nice, iphone5 look alike phone.

Android. Where the can that big hunk of code go?

BB10 will have its weaknesses but its the best of all these systems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-06-12 11:40 AM
    Thanks for your opinion but I think many respectfully disagree. I see RIM having both a significant role in the consumer market as well as the corporate arena.. Granted, it won't be as integrated into your PC as Microsoft.. but image your day using BB10...

Get up.. check your BB10 device (both personal and work emails).
    Get dressed and out the door you go... sync your BB10 handset to your QNX controlled car... hands free calling, email, streaming music, etc...
    Get to work, switch to work side of BB10, use NFC to get in the security reader at your office.
    Sit down at your desk.. .put your BB10 device on a dock that connects it to a big screen monitor and wireless keyboard/mouse... and routes all of your calls to your desk phone.
    Work throughout the day... using your BB10 as your PC..
    Undock... leave... switch to personal side of device and continue about your evening...
    11-06-12 11:41 AM
    Windows 8 is a software ...
    and we know all how clumsy is windows... so we will have loads of bugs and loads of patches...^^
    11-06-12 11:43 AM
    The playbook software version 1.0 was only useable with a BB phone 7.0 and higher, and it was intended as a compamion to a BB
    the problem started when Verizon, Sprint and ATT did not support the BT bridge, only T-Mobile really supports the Bridge
    RIMM should have cleared this with the Mobile companies before bringing the PB on the market

The only reason for me to buy ( paid full price) the PB was, that I could bridge it with my BB Phone 9730 (3G), on my 2GB data plan from my T-mobile plan, this alone saves me about US $ 35 to 45 per month ( no separate data contract). If I upgrade my BB to 4G phone and I would have a great tablet for another 2 years

Once the natural life of my PB is over, I will change my system to a Windows 8 phone, Windows 8 Tablet and my laptop and desktop will run windows 8 as well. All on one platform.
    The survivors will be

Thanks tips! Got any lotto numbers as well since your making predictions? Better yet, while your playing sherlock and predicting how rim (with only one "m",if your bashing it at least get it right,) is going to do, make yourself useful and solve the national debt instead of insulting RIM on a blackberry based site. Just sayin.

Rim will be fine. They will survive in the business world just fine with mobile fusion and secure phones.
    11-06-12 11:56 AM
    For the record, my Verizon BB work just fine with the BT bridge. That is THE best feature of my PlayBook and what makes it well worth it to me. I'm not sure what the OP is talking about because only ATT does not support full bridge functionality AND there are ways around that anyways!
    11-06-12 12:03 PM
    For the record, my Verizon BB work just fine with the BT bridge. That is THE best feature of my PlayBook and what makes it well worth it to me. I'm not sure what the OP is talking about because only ATT does not support full bridge functionality AND there are ways around that anyways!
    In addition , bridge works for OS 5 and above. Lots of wrong information in the first post.
    11-06-12 12:13 PM
    You're quite the font of misinformation.

The playbook software version 1.0 was only useable with a BB phone 7.0 and higher
    False. PB 1.0 worked fine with my BB 8530 running v5.0.

The problem started when Verizon, Sprint and ATT did not support the BT bridge, only T-Mobile really supports the Bridge
    False. The bridge software was available immediately from RIM's site. AT&T was the only carrier that blocked use without a tethering plan.

False. Although RIM has traditionally kowtowed to the carriers, the PB was a rare victory for the lowly end user. If RIM had waited for the PB to be "cleared" we'd all still be waiting.

To each his own. Personally, I'm going to wait until BB10 is out to decide.
    11-06-12 12:26 PM

The survivors will be

Hey dude, better get your facts straight. Verizon has supported Bridge from day one and one reason my company now has 8 PBs. One great feature the others have not been able to replicate yet. Good luck with W8 on a tablet, I hope it does better than the reviews are indicating
    cjcampbell and PatrickMJS like this.
    11-06-12 12:28 PM
    Sorry to be blunt but what a crock! I'm all for sharing opinion & if you want to move along the bus then fine. I for one, like others, see the potential of this system after using many others. Windows has no appeal to me, either as a computer OS or tablet OS. I'm more than happy with my Mac, Android & QNX setup thank you very much!
    11-06-12 12:45 PM

The survivors will be

Many have already pointed out most of the falshoods in the post but I have one more..... The Windows phone and pc, run on differen't OS's, not one unified platform. They are simply similar in look.
    taz323, Stewartj1 and PatrickMJS like this.
    11-06-12 01:03 PM
    And also my 9930 and PB work great together with Sprint.
    11-06-12 01:19 PM
    I'm glad so many have corrected the total falseness of the op.

In my humble opinion, the PB will survive quite a bit better than the ipad1 or 2 or mini or pretty much any android tablet. When I say survive, I mean "continue to be useful to me". You do not see too many ipad1s around. Most ipad1 owners lined up at midnight to replace it with the 2 or the 3.

But most of the Playbooks are still out there, benefiting from os updates and the best update of all is just a few more months away. The company, RIM, (BTW, "RIMM" is the stock symbol on the NYSE so the op got at least one thing right), is still issuing new versions of the PB, note the 4G version available in Canada and the 3G+ version just released in the UK.

And you know what, people are still surprised when I show them all the stuff I can do on my sweet lil PB, even given it was released 18 months ago. And quite a few have gone out and got one for themselves. And as pointed out in another thread, the current PB pricing relative to the i-tablets is so attractive, I am optimistic other value-conscious consumers will go for it.

Watch out when the BB10 PB upgrade is released. At that point, the PB-BB phone combo will be unbeatable.
    11-06-12 01:20 PM
    9850 pb uscellular bridge works with no issue.
    11-06-12 01:29 PM
    The triple smiley at the end point this out to be what it truly is. A post intended to insight backlash. If you feel such joy at the prospect of a company's demise I would say that you need to get out more, or at least improve your social circle because you are in danger of loosing the one thing which keeps us sane. The ability to move on.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    11-06-12 01:42 PM
    Sit down at your desk.. .put your BB10 device on a dock that connects it to a big screen monitor and wireless keyboard/mouse... and routes all of your calls to your desk phone.
    Only in my dreams would such a device exist.

Didn't Motorola do this?
    are you making assumptions or do you see BB10 actually doing this via the HDMI output?
    11-06-12 01:47 PM
    I would not write off RIM until the verdict on BB10 is released. I feel they still have the potential to come back. Even now, in many places of the world "BlackBerry" is analogous to a smartphone. They just need one hit product and they will be back in the game....
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-06-12 03:08 PM
    If I didn't know any better I'd swear people were paid to spread lies about BlackBerry but that's just a ridiculous theory almost as ridiculous as all of the falsehoods the OP wrote.
    11-06-12 03:35 PM
    This is why I left bullshirt company. AT&T are the only ones that do this to my knowledge and left them after 10 years when they screwed with my $700 64g PlayBook.
    11-06-12 06:11 PM
    Playbook's future -----> Bright

<------ my 3 smilies
    11-06-12 06:16 PM
    OP I understand why you believe what you wrote but if you look at any decisions RIM made between 2008 and when the leadership change occur. You will see how RIM put itself in its current position. It clearly shows the downfall.
    Good news is that leadership has changed and the company will be around. Maybe a little different though.
    11-06-12 06:16 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge was the one feature Research In Motion got right albeit not all-inclusive yet. BlackBerry Bridge means the BlackBerry PlayBook always has a data connection to the Internet if the smartphone is in a data coverage area. Shortly after buying the BlackBerry PlayBook and with the release of BlackBerry Bridge soon thereafter I was able to use Mapquest to locate the FedEx facility where a package was awaiting pick-up. It saved me from driving around the maze of an industrial park.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-06-12 06:21 PM
    OP I understand why you believe what you wrote but if you look at any decisions RIM made between 2008 and when the leadership change occur. You will see how RIM put itself in its current position. It clearly shows the downfall.
    Good news is that leadership has changed and the company will be around. Maybe a little different though.
    While you are correct in the assessment as to where the blame lays, I think the BlackBerry PlayBook should have been the turnaround opportunity for RIM instead of waiting another 2 years for BlackBerry 10 (OS and smartphones). Those two years are killing the company and the brand once synonymous with professional engineering standards and an industry pioneer. Hopefully, RIM gets it right this time and 2013 is kind to BlackBerry users. Now where is my BlackBerry 10 smartphone with large screen and slider physical keyboard...since we are not getting the BlackBerry Blade form-factor. A BlackBerry Bold 9900 style smartphone is a poor compromise in term of touch-screen and physical keyboard.
    11-06-12 06:28 PM
42 12