Coming up shortly is the PlayBook's first birthday...

Whilst you came into this world a little prem, you've grown to become a capable toddler. We've watched you stumble, held you through thick and thin times. Your potential is missed by some and others your greatest feature, for me, I've enjoyed every day.

Happy Birthday for Thursday, and a big thanks to the parents for sticking with you!
    04-14-12 06:35 AM
    Hopefully new OS update is the bday gift
    04-14-12 07:57 AM
    Something I do not want to think about. All of us that paid $499 for a 16GB unit when others paid $199 or less.

The broken promises, the delays and more delays......

Sorry, but I am not celebrating it. Just too painful.

I like the PB, but WOW was it a painful birth. One that I and the world hopes to forget
    and move on from!

Tim
    04-14-12 08:24 AM
    Someone definitely has to kill the joy!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-14-12 08:32 AM
    PB rocks. Only had mine for 4 months. Great device. A nice update on Tuesday would really be a nice gift to all the users.
    04-14-12 08:52 AM
    Someone definitely has to kill the joy!

Bought mine one week after it came out.

When did you get yours?

Some of us have had to suffer through more than others.

I said I liked it,,I don't love it yet.

Just being honest is all.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    balding1 likes this.
    04-14-12 09:16 AM
    I am fortunate that my PlayBook and me share the same Birthday. I got a 32 gig on launch date as my birthday present and yep even though it was $599 and no where near that today I have enjoyed riding the ups and downs through these first 12 months. Today my PlayBook has become a very useful tool for me. I can remote in to my office and work from home if needed. I can work through my emails. I have my I-Tunes music library loaded and connect it to my car stereo for my listening pleasure. I am a Bible class teacher and use it to create my lessons and take to the class room. My children are 12 and 2 and use the amazing HD quality video capabilities to record my children's sporting and family events. And as a bonus I also own an amazing Bold 9900 so during my lunch or wherever there is no wifi I use the bridge feature to surf the web on the amazing PlayBook browser.

I say Happy birthday PlayBook and for my birthday present this year my family is getting me the BlackBerry mini keyboard and case. Can't wait order it on the 19th...

I just hope that I don't have wait too long for the keyboard to be in stock.....

PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-14-12 09:20 AM
    Can hardly wait for the terrible twos, if it makes it.
    04-14-12 09:20 AM
    Many developers are also celebrating the launch of their first PB apps and receiving their "free" PlayBooks a few weeks later. When I saw how my app behaved, I was disappointed but not nearly as disappointed as some of the app's reviewers were. Being able to finally test on a real device really helped.

Fast forward to today and I'm sure you will agree that both my app and the Tablet OS have come a long way. I prefer to look at the current state of affairs as a glass half-full rather than a glass half-empty. I see good things ahead for life in general and PlayBook in particular..
    samson47 likes this.
    04-14-12 09:23 AM
    Happy Birthday PlayBook, I got mine the first week of May and endured the growing pains. Lots of ups and downs, but the experience was expected with a introductory tablet, however I'm enjoying everything PlayBook
    04-14-12 09:30 AM
    It was like a premature birth but after a few month in the intensive care unit it is doing just fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 10:16 AM
    It has been a tumultuous year with the birth of a "special needs" tablet which has grown and developed into a healthy, albeit anemic, one-year-old. With a little nurturing this tablet will prove the critics were off their collective rocker when the disparaging, pontificating reviews filled the media. Though as the parents of this tablet, Mike and Jim, almost had their child removed from the home by "Tablet Protective Services" on grounds of neglect.
    04-14-12 01:09 PM
    PlayBook....the Forrest Gump of tablets.
    trsbbs likes this.
    04-14-12 02:11 PM
    I bought mine on launch day....been a difficult year, but at least RIM got OS2.0 out....seeing App World fill up with more good apps and games is good...still remember the first couple of months where App World had NOTHING....
    04-14-12 07:02 PM
    wow. a birthday for an electronic device.

i think i'll give mine a reach around and a happy ending.

almost as good as steak n bj day!
    04-14-12 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD