Thanks to a pricing error @ Best Buy and my girlfriends vigilence I'm the new owner of a 64gb playbook for 229 plus tax. Anyone else get this deal?

Yes I live in the U.S. My gf was tipped to the deal from a website and stayed up until it went live. When she confirmed the price she pre-ordered one (and now regrets she didnt try for 2). I didnt get to play with it much before putting it on the charger but it really feels like a quality device. I updated some of the software on it and set it to charge. The multitasking is great and part of the reason that I got one was to try development for it. I want to create a Crossfit / fitness tracking app. When it finishes charging i'll see what is available on app world for that.
    Last edited by six6xis; 11-20-11 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Added some info.
    Vlox likes this.
    11-20-11 10:15 AM
    Can I assume you're in the US? This forum is international so it gets confusing. That's a super deal but I'm guessing us Canadians won't find it at our Best Buy up here.

Dave
    11-20-11 10:21 AM
    Sweet!!!! That's just an amazing deal...
    11-20-11 01:35 PM
    OMG did it show 229 in the cart? I don't know how to get that deal! It says 699 HELP

Wow they even took the page down must have busted the servers. you are a lucky man!!
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-20-11 at 01:47 PM.
    11-20-11 01:45 PM
    the bestbuy site doesnt even have the pb on it, lol
    11-20-11 01:59 PM
    I just got one to flip on Ebay, sweet I can put the profit towards a real tablet like the galaxy tab 8.9

Oh, you mean the one I can warp the entire chassis of by merely putting pressure from my pinky finger on?

Yeah, quality stuff there...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-20-11 02:07 PM
    Oh, you mean the one I can warp the entire chassis of by merely putting pressure from my pinky finger on?

Tablets aren't for caveman. Side note second one just sold on Ebay....sad stickers
    11-20-11 02:20 PM
    OK folks - panicked and ran to best Buy - I had to tell them about the sale - checked the kiosk - no more 64g's to be found, however the 16g is on sale for $199 I forget the 32g price sorry -
    however as I was looking at it the price went back up to retail the sales person however was able to find the $199 sale price - so I grabbed their last one

Better hurry they can back order if they are out of stock at this price. As we watched the "sold out online" flag came up, same on the website now, the sale prices went away. SO better hurry

Since I already have one this will be considered my protection plan. It will sit on the shelf to protect my shelf from dust... or...

Highest bidder after 2.0 comes out!!

By the way nobody there has heard that the playbook is being discontinued.

also, the playbook was happily charged up in its cradle and showing the demos!! software OS was current, which I partially take credit for because of my polite complaints (suggestions actually - complainers should learn from me).
    yay! fanboys save the playbook from best buy!!

Actually the sales people were great - not condescending, nothing at all like Staples, who generally suck magnets.
    11-20-11 03:27 PM
    the bestbuy site doesnt even have the pb on it, lol
    Uh yeah it does did you try to search for "playbook"?

Yeah that's the one - I just tried that in the store. lol
    Then I tried bezels swipes then I said screw this thing.

real tab like I'm a real president of the world....
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-20-11 at 03:33 PM.
    11-20-11 03:27 PM
    Search for playbook works but it no longer shows the 64g. Had all of them last night with the price drop.
    11-20-11 03:32 PM
    Search for playbook works but it no longer shows the 64g. Had all of them last night with the price drop.
    That is true - but he said the site didn't have playbook on it. It got sold out quick at $229 last night. Or they are editing the mistake.
    11-20-11 03:35 PM
    After buying my playbook I quit cruising the tech stores and took the time to enjoy my purchase. No regrets. Today I stopped by Best Buy to checkout their latest tablet offerings. Most of the tablets were not displayed in what I would consider a good manner. The Playbook was the worst of their offerings. It was barely functioning and still had the old os running. I closed up all the open apps and erased photos and got it working. The sales rep was slightly interested in making a sales pitch to me and told my if you sign up for a two year wireless mobile contract you can get a Playbook for ninety nine dollars. $99.00- If I was in a position to do so I would buy another one for the$199.00 price. After the sales guy left I updated the Playbook to the 1.7 . I have read Best Buy is having problems financially, wonder why? RIM would be smart to implement some kind of policing of the display of their products. Who would even consider buying one if the display was not functioning correctly? My interest in this device dramatically increased once I was able to play with one and figured out the swipe. Marketing makes or breaks a company. Word of mouth is definitly important but the hands on experience has got to be satisfying. Would you buy a nonfunctioning auto? probably not. When the new cell phone line comes out RIM needs to compliment it with an all new approach to display and demonstration of their products. This little Playbook is still the best small tablet. I tried all of them and got them all working pretty good before I left for home.
    11-20-11 04:45 PM
    After buying my playbook I quit cruising the tech stores and took the time to enjoy my purchase. No regrets. Today I stopped by Best Buy to checkout their latest tablet offerings. Most of the tablets were not displayed in what I would consider a good manner. The Playbook was the worst of their offerings. It was barely functioning and still had the old os running. I closed up all the open apps and erased photos and got it working. The sales rep was slightly interested in making a sales pitch to me and told my if you sign up for a two year wireless mobile contract you can get a Playbook for ninety nine dollars. $99.00- If I was in a position to do so I would buy another one for the$199.00 price. After the sales guy left I updated the Playbook to the 1.7 . I have read Best Buy is having problems financially, wonder why? RIM would be smart to implement some kind of policing of the display of their products. Who would even consider buying one if the display was not functioning correctly? My interest in this device dramatically increased once I was able to play with one and figured out the swipe. Marketing makes or breaks a company. Word of mouth is definitly important but the hands on experience has got to be satisfying. Would you buy a nonfunctioning auto? probably not. When the new cell phone line comes out RIM needs to compliment it with an all new approach to display and demonstration of their products. This little Playbook is still the best small tablet. I tried all of them and got them all working pretty good before I left for home.
    Absolutley spot on.
    I've noticed that nobody even looks at it if its not turned on - they head for the ones that are. I cant believe how stupid RIM is in this regard, especially with all the testimonies filtering into Crackberry..about screwed up displays. Best Buy doesn't make much money off of these things so I doubt that's the reason for financial suffering, but still...
    11-20-11 07:32 PM
    Omg you literally lose if you snooze.. I placed my order at 3:30am I can't believe the price changed so fast I'm so happy I ran for the sapphire card as soon as I read the post!!
    YaBoi410 likes this.
    11-20-11 08:07 PM
    I get the magic email from Blackberry telling me the $199 special is on today. So I google it and low and behold Wal Mart has them for $198. I venture to Wally World and ask them about the Playbook, and they have no clue what it is. After researching it on her computer, she tells me that they don't carry it and can't get it for $199.
    So I venture to Staples. I show them the email from Blackberry and they refuse to give me the device for $199. I insisted that the price was valid today.
    So I go to Best Buy. The guy is very helpful. They had a device, and an "As Advertised" tag on it, but no price. So I ask this guy if I can get the $199 deal and show him the email. He gets all excited like he was a raped ape. He grabs keys and runs all over the store trying to find the Playbooks. He finds a stash of about 15 of them in a drawer where probably no one in the store knows exists. He runs over to the computer and punches the code in and WAL-AH...........$199!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said "Ill take one". I walk out with a new Playbook. I told the guy that if they would just put a nice tag on that display, they would be sold out of them by the end of the day.
    Now, I'm setting my device up.
    11-20-11 08:28 PM
    Cool glad to see you got it...if you don't mind can you tell me how you got the email? Sign up board,etc?
    11-20-11 09:05 PM
    OMG did it show 229 in the cart? I don't know how to get that deal! It says 699 HELP

Wow they even took the page down must have busted the servers. you are a lucky man!!
    Mine showed $239 in the cart and not only did i order it but I called the njmber on the bqckorder email I got and everything was good... She even noted my order for me that I called making sure I would get that price!
    11-20-11 09:09 PM
    yea im glad i stayed up till the sale went live..did alot of research and for the price it was a no brainer..picked up a 16g earlier from bestbuy for 199..glad to b a playbook owner!
    11-20-11 09:42 PM
    Just signed up months ago at blackberry.com.
    11-20-11 09:47 PM
    i got them tp homor the price even after they pulled it from the website. i spoke with a nice lady named Elise who sat aside the last one they had in the store(or so she says) for me to come pick it up later,i showed up 4-5 hours later and i am a proud owner a a new playbook now!
    YaBoi410 likes this.
    11-20-11 09:51 PM
    I saw the deal at Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons & Discounts on Laptops, Computers, LCDs, TVs, Dell, HP, Apple, Amazon, which is a GREAT site to check! It only lasted a few hours before it sold out or got corrected. Last week I was able to get an Acer Iconia for 259 with free shipping, from the same site. The Iconia cost 450 retail. The deals don't actually come from the site they just are a bunch of regular folks, like us, here at CB, who find deals and report about them to others. There's even a special section at the site that has scans of all Black Friday ads that have leaked.
    11-20-11 09:54 PM
    Before even seeing the news on crackberry this morning, I was at BestBuy to buy a PlayBook. Was surprised to see them on sale.

Bought the LAST 64GB for $229 today at my store and wondered how it was even possible they were selling it cheaper than the 32GB.

No one bothered to question it. It was the last one and with no hassle walked out pretty excited
    YaBoi410 likes this.
    11-20-11 10:02 PM
    Looks like at $199 they are selling in the US,
    as you say once people are aware of the price.

It was advertised widely in Canada, but seemed to
    come up without notice (flyers) in the US?

Seems at $199 RIM can clear all its stock but then what?
    11-20-11 10:10 PM

I meant the 64gb model.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    11-20-11 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD