So, like, I visited my playbook's app world today and lost interest in all it was offering... It just looked bland. The same set of apps that were featured months ago, the same design since BlackBerry's 2.0 update, and the apps weren't even all that interesting. Now, I am not saying I have gotten all the apps in the app world but I've downloaded and bought my fair share of apps. But I'm slightly disappointed. Nowadays, (especially with BB10 out), all the new apps seem to be for the BB10 phone and OS...

Where are new apps for playbook?

Are we supposed to just 'patiently' hold out for the BB10 OS (coming to a playbook near to you 'soon') just so that we can get the apps that go with the OS?

Playbook owners have been awaiting this OS for a while. I believe it would be best for BlackBerry to do something for us... Even if its just to sate our thirst for the awesomeness that is BB10... Tell developers to make new apps or something... It would make 'holding on a bit longer' bearable...

*exhales loudly*

Rant over!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-05-13 01:25 PM
    Control what you can control. Sideload some Android apps and keep it fresh!
    03-05-13 01:36 PM
    Control what you can control. Sideload some Android apps and keep it fresh!
    loool... I've sideloaded my fair share of android apps... I'd rather they were just on the app world instead, to be honest with ya
    03-05-13 04:23 PM
    loool... I've sideloaded my fair share of android apps... I'd rather they were just on the app world instead, to be honest with ya
    Well yeah we all would. Once the US launch hits we're going to see a surge of activity.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 05:49 PM
    Are we supposed to just 'patiently' hold out for the BB10 OS (coming to a playbook near to you 'soon') just so that we can get the apps that go with the OS?
    Yes. Why would someone develop an app for a platform that will be obsolete in a few months?
    03-05-13 06:21 PM
    Ah, the tyrany of novelty. When BB10 does arrive will we rush to buy all the new apps, or will we have kicked the habit and be out enjoying fresh air and exercise (or other tablets).
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    03-05-13 10:16 PM
    Yes. Why would someone develop an app for a platform that will be obsolete in a few months?
    The tablet will be obsolete? In a few months? Can you post a link or something backing your claim please?
    03-07-13 03:31 PM
    The tablet will be obsolete? In a few months? Can you post a link or something backing your claim please?
    He's referring to PlayBook OS. The apps built for BB10 use cascades and thus building PBOS apps is kind of pointless.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 10:07 PM
    That kinda sucks...
    03-08-13 06:09 AM