Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By F2
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Playbook Word To Go Glitch

I was was writing in Word To Go a few minutes ago when I touched the screen the wrong way and all my text disappeared. I believe it interpreted my touch as two or more simultaneous 'pinch-to-zoom' commands, and it got stuck in an infinite loop. Right now when I try to save the file or perform any other function I get a mini-window that says "Cannot perform this action until the document is completely loaded." with an OK button at the bottom. Other than that there is just the continuous rotating circle that indicates the file is still loading, and it has been doing so for many minutes. Going in and out of Stand By mode has no effect.

This has finished convincing me to buy another office app for my Playbook to replace Docs To Go; the OEM app.

But in the meantime, I haven't saved the file for a while, and I don't want to lose my work for the last few hours, which is about thirty pages of really good stuff that will never come out quite the same the second time. I need a Playbook equivalent of the 'EndTask' function in Windows Task Manager in order to end the Document Loading loop, that won't make me lose my work.

Help?!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Okay, after being on the phone with BlackBerry Support, they said there was no way to be sure to be able to save my work, and that there was no help for it; I had to close the file and re-open it and hope for the best. I closed it and re-opened it, and the Playbook said that the file had not been properly closed, would I like to attempt to recover the changes? I said yes, and the changes were recovered successfully.

So for now, problem solved. I'd still like to know if anyone else has encountered this glitch, and whether it is unique to Word To Go, or it is a more general Playbook problem. Also; whether there is any way to avoid this glitch in the future, other than being careful about touching the screen with a motion that the device may have trouble interpreting correctly.

I am going to try another office app, just in case.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have had the same glitch on both word and excel to go. I have yet to lose any work, but I do get that message quite often.
    Thanked by:
    Wayne Edward Clarke (01-29-2013) 

Default Re: Playbook Word To Go Glitch

I guess the old adage - save early, save often should be followed.
    Thanked by:
    Wayne Edward Clarke (01-29-2013)