I have ran multiple searches for this Playbook problem on here and found many threads realting to the issues I am having. I have thried the 3 button reset, Holding the power button down, plugging in for 2 min then unplugging for 2 min multiple times and nothing seems to work. When I press the power buttin I get a red light then 5 of the yellow/green light and then just nothing. I can not get it to do anything other than this and it will not connect to desktop manager. I was just trying to see if anyone has any other ideas on this or if I am just out of luck. I have had it long enough now that I can not take it back to Best Buy and hate to think that I am just out of luck.

Any additional help anyone might be able to give me would be greatly and very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    04-08-12 04:46 PM
    I recommend pluging it to a wall socket and leaving it there for at least 30 minutes.

Then try turning it on and see what happens.
    04-08-12 06:25 PM
    I suggest calling RIM, since it seems that you've tried just about everything
    04-08-12 06:42 PM
    I have tried plugging it in for different intervals. For 30 min, 1hr, 4hrs and still nothing. I guess contacting Rim is my next option was just trying to avoid that charge and make sure I tried all other possibilities first.
    Thanks again for your help
    04-08-12 08:33 PM
    Well, one more time??? It took me three tries to get the Debrick procedure to work.

You are sure that the pb is powered off after YOU charged it. You did the two minute repeated charging....

You could UNinstall and reinstall dm rebooting after each move.

And once again....

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    04-08-12 09:44 PM
    I had the same issue with the last PlayBook that I got. Charge it overnight, then do the setup. It will work after you feed it enough energy.
    diegonei likes this.
    04-08-12 09:53 PM
    Thanks again everyone. I will keep trying things, but at this point I have had no luck at all. Starting to look like I have become the proud owner of a very expensive paperweight.
    04-09-12 07:43 PM
    Take it easy.. Same thing happened to me day before.. I left my pb on some music steaming all night.. battery died somewhere and then din't get to charge it for a day n half..

So day before i try charging and turning it on.. it gives a red flash followed by the blinking amber green light.. That just means that the PB does not have enough power to boot.

So what you gotta do is.. use the charger that was given along with the pb.. or a rapid charger or a dock.. and leave it on charge for around an hour atleast. Don't try starting it or doing anything during this charge.. and then after an hour.. just hit the power button while on charge and your pb will light up.. Well mine did.. and this is from official RIM help.
    04-10-12 12:59 AM
    What kind of charger or charging method you using on this? Only the pb charger, rapid charger and dock have enough power to load it up.. USB or mobile charger are not going to get you anywhere..
    04-10-12 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD