I am not sure if anyone else is having trouble but I cannot get my laptop to connect to my playbook so that I can upload / download photos, movies and music from my playbook to my computer or computer to playbook. This only started happening when i bought a new laptop with windows 8, even the desktop program cannot connect to the playbook, it made me "fix" the playbook by resetting it and uploading the new OS but still will not connect. I tried using the search function to no avail.
    07-02-13 10:01 AM
    Some folks have had some luck going into the Device Manager and finding the usb/rim/pb device and then checking and rolling back the driver. I don't have win8 so can't check on that.
    gigigroom likes this.
    07-02-13 11:40 AM
    If you google "Windows 8 and Playbook", you will see that you are not alone. I did a quickie search and found that if you uninstall Desk Top Manager, and then re-installing it, it worked for a number of folks.
    Try this link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ws-8-a-775670/

And there are a few more hits about the problem: Windows 8.............

C
    07-02-13 01:22 PM
    You can also try installing the newer LINK software from BB. It might contain more effective drivers for win8
    TOphotog likes this.
    07-02-13 04:22 PM
    Three days ago, I installed Windows 8.1 preview on my laptop. I then plugged my PB into it and installed the drivers that are on the PB on my laptop. The drivers loaded fine, but my PB would not show as a drive. I then installed BB Desktop software, but still no go. I then installed BB Link- again no go. I then went into device manager on my laptop and uninstalled the drivers for the PB. Then I uninstalled BB Devicve Manager, Desktop Software and BB Link. I then disconnected my PB from my laptop, installed Desktop Software again, connected my PB, and everything was then working as it should..
    taina1 likes this.
    07-02-13 08:43 PM
    07-02-13 09:25 PM
    Perfect! Went rolling back the drivers worked!!! Thanks so much!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-13 07:25 PM
    Thanks, rolling back the driver on Windows 8 worked. Here's the instructions: Go to Control Panel, choose
    Device Manager, go to Network Adapters, choose Blackberry Playbook, Right click and choose properties, Go to Drivers,
    Click on Roll Back Drivers. This worked for me and hope this helps for others.
    taina1 likes this.
    08-10-13 11:13 PM
    Thank you for the instructions....it worked perfectly.
    11-16-13 12:30 PM
    For anyone else with this problem, the rollback of drivers didn't work, but installing Blackberry Link worked for me. Now I can drag and drop via USB cable, rather than the slow transfer method via WIFI. Wish I'd read that little tidbit months ago!
    01-16-14 02:54 PM
    For anyone else with this problem, the rollback of drivers didn't work, but installing Blackberry Link worked for me. Now I can drag and drop via USB cable, rather than the slow transfer method via WIFI. Wish I'd read that little tidbit months ago!
    I have been reading threads where USB 3 (THREE) is not working very well with bb10 phones and link. I cannot confirm it - my tech gets older by the day!
    01-16-14 06:16 PM
    The WiFi solution works all the time. Thanks for posting the link.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-31-14 01:13 AM
    The WiFi solution works all the time. Thanks for posting the link.
    yw,,, works great for me too,,, fast & reliable,,, i think speed is related to router/connection speed...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 02-01-14 at 02:12 AM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-31-14 03:53 AM
    So I have the new black berry link and I tried doing the whole roll back thing but my computer doesn't let me. What do I now? I'm having the same problem as everyone else has. Also I have an older play book and the new z30 does anyone know how to sinc music between the 2 since 7 digital isn't offered on the z30
    02-02-14 06:06 AM
    I only connected my playbook on USB one time. I always connect or transfer thing thru WIFI.
    02-02-14 07:32 AM
    I just used the directions on my Dell Laptop and have it linked to my computer along with my external hard drives. Now my Z30 have remote file access to all!
    02-06-14 07:36 AM
    I searched in desperation to find a way to fix my non-connecting playbook with new W8 laptop.
    I found (can't remember who) some instructions about Rolling Back Drivers.
    I tried it and IT WORKED.
    I was so very pleased.
    Thanks to all you clever people that offer tips such as these.
    02-22-14 09:45 AM
    For those who is still has this problems. I 've just found an easy way to make the Blackberry Desktop Software connects your playbook.
    My way is open the Services . find the service named Blackberry Device Manager and turn it on.
    Gook luck !!
    04-02-14 01:38 AM
    Yes, it works!
    04-04-14 11:41 AM
    Rolling your driver:
    1. Right click on "My computer" -> manager -> device manager.
    You could see 2 folder "blackberry" and "network adapter"
    - Double click on "blackberry", appears "blackberry device" -> right click -> uninstall.
    - Double click on "network adapter" -> appears "blackberry device" -> uninstall
    2. Uninstall your Blackberry Desktop Software. Then re-install latest BB Device Software (version 7.1)
    3. Plugin your Playbook and enjoy
    It works like miracle to me on Windows 8.1 (64 bit).
    Note: you may not create new folder using your laptop, but you could do it on your PB. After that you can copy/delete your files to and from computer.
    Cheers,
    Tuan
    Osofem likes this.
    05-16-14 12:43 PM
    Hi Guys. My playbook connected fine to my Vista PC but would not connect via usb to my Windows 8 desktop. I followed all of the advice on here (which took me ages) but still no result. Finally I took my connection from my USB2 socket and put it into my USB3 socket. It started loading straight away and is not up and running. I don't know if that is because there was a problem with the original socket but my advice to others would be to try a different usb socket first
    07-27-14 04:38 AM
    I am not sure if anyone else is having trouble but I cannot get my laptop to connect to my playbook so that I can upload / download photos, movies and music from my playbook to my computer or computer to playbook. This only started happening when i bought a new laptop with windows 8, even the desktop program cannot connect to the playbook, it made me "fix" the playbook by resetting it and uploading the new OS but still will not connect. I tried using the search function to no avail.
    Not read all the posts so forgive me if I repeat something.

Firstly use bb link and not desktop! It's far more reliable and stable. Secondly with both windows 7 & 8 the OS stubbornly refuses to load the bb usb drivers? It will repeatedly load the default windows driver which causes the error. With perseverance it will eventually load the correct bb drivers and connect successfully. By the way also listen to the sailors advice because it works and does have advantages over bb link but if you need a bb software connection just keep trying.
    07-27-14 07:35 AM
    Rolling your driver:
    1. Right click on "My computer" -> manager -> device manager.
    You could see 2 folder "blackberry" and "network adapter"
    - Double click on "blackberry", appears "blackberry device" -> right click -> uninstall.
    - Double click on "network adapter" -> appears "blackberry device" -> uninstall
    2. Uninstall your Blackberry Desktop Software. Then re-install latest BB Device Software (version 7.1)
    3. Plugin your Playbook and enjoy
    It works like miracle to me on Windows 8.1 (64 bit).
    Note: you may not create new folder using your laptop, but you could do it on your PB. After that you can copy/delete your files to and from computer.
    Cheers,
    Tuan
    Worked for me
    12-13-14 09:10 AM
    I have used this and it works.
    1. Turn wifi on your playbook
    2. Swipe down from the top and access Storage & Sharing
    3. In Storage & Sharing: The first section USB Connections - Tap" Automatically Detect"
    Lower down "File Sharing"- ON
    Enter password: Make sure you remember it. (I use 1234)
    4. Next on the left side of the tablet, under 'Storage & Sharing" you have "Security" tap on it
    5. In "Security" you have "Development Mode" Tap on it
    6. In Development "Use Development Mode" Tap ON (Enter password I used 1234)
    7. Plug your playbook into your computer using USB
    8. You should be able to see your Playbook in the files/drivers.
    9. You maybe asked to load the driver. I did. When done I was able to access my Playbook.

I hope it helps.
    06-18-15 01:18 AM