I have a 16gb playbook running OS 2.1.0.1526 and I am changing to a 64gb playbook, when I connect the playbook to desktop manager of BB Link it says it cannot communicate with the device. The new playbook connects perfectly, I have tried the following:

1) Turning off wifi and bluetooth
    2) enabling development mode
    3) ensuring file sharing is on
    4) used different usb cables

I am worried that the only way to solve this is a security wipe, which will lose all my data. Apart from uploading evrything to box I am stumped. Anybody had similar problems, or more importantly has anyone solved this problem before!?
    Last edited by Sadsfan; 02-21-13 at 11:28 AM. Reason: added more info
    02-21-13 11:18 AM
    Maybe REBOOT both the pb and the computer? What version of Windows? Odd that it would work with the one but not the other.

Can you contact the 16gig using usb as a Drive? How about wifi sharing to copy files if not settings and apps?
    02-21-13 01:30 PM
    Thanks, Have rebooted both and no joy, I'm using Windows 7, and also tried it on an XP machine, so looks like it's thePB thats the problem. Can't contact it as a usb drive so had to use wifi sharing, and then looks like it is a security wipe.
    02-21-13 01:46 PM
    Try Settings, Storage and Security, and change usb connections from automatically connect to "connect to windows" on Playbook
    02-21-13 08:06 PM
    I've have the same issue, I've done 3 wipes and all three times still didn't work, on phone with BB for over two hours, best I ended up with is wifi sharing, tried BB Link, doesn't recognize. Worse part is it worked great, before the upgrade to windows 8.

Don't wipe until you have to.
    02-22-13 08:05 AM
    My brother had this problem. After dealing with BlackBerry tech support, they determined that all you had to do was put it in airplane mode.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 11:59 AM