Playbook won't connect to dsktop manager or BlackBerry Link
I have a 16gb playbook running OS 188.8.131.526 and I am changing to a 64gb playbook, when I connect the playbook to desktop manager of BB Link it says it cannot communicate with the device. The new playbook connects perfectly, I have tried the following:
1) Turning off wifi and bluetooth
2) enabling development mode
3) ensuring file sharing is on
4) used different usb cables
I am worried that the only way to solve this is a security wipe, which will lose all my data. Apart from uploading evrything to box I am stumped. Anybody had similar problems, or more importantly has anyone solved this problem before!?
Last edited by Sadsfan; 02-21-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: added more info
- 02-21-2013, 01:30 PM #2
Maybe REBOOT both the pb and the computer? What version of Windows? Odd that it would work with the one but not the other.
Can you contact the 16gig using usb as a Drive? How about wifi sharing to copy files if not settings and apps?
Thanks, Have rebooted both and no joy, I'm using Windows 7, and also tried it on an XP machine, so looks like it's thePB thats the problem. Can't contact it as a usb drive so had to use wifi sharing, and then looks like it is a security wipe.
- 02-22-2013, 08:05 AM #5
I've have the same issue, I've done 3 wipes and all three times still didn't work, on phone with BB for over two hours, best I ended up with is wifi sharing, tried BB Link, doesn't recognize. Worse part is it worked great, before the upgrade to windows 8.
Don't wipe until you have to.
- By sandmanfvr in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 9Last Post: 01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
- By michael0609 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 8Last Post: 06-18-2011, 04:00 PM
- By petepop in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 10Last Post: 04-22-2011, 11:07 PM
- By Stormin_It in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 3Last Post: 05-17-2010, 08:42 AM
- By Stormin_It in forum Desktop SoftwareReplies: 3Last Post: 05-17-2010, 08:42 AM