Hello, just bought my playbook 16GB today.

Version is 1.0.8.6067

When I watch flash videos, after a few minutes the wifi on the device will stop for 5-10 minutes, unless I reboot the playbook.

I was thinking it could be a router issue, but just curious if anyone is having similar problems or otherwise know of any other potential causes.

Thanks
    02-04-12 12:23 AM
    Instead of rebooting, try turning off and on the Wifi with the icon in the top bar. Not a solution, but an easier work-around than a reboot...

I had a similar issue with OS1.07 with a Fritz.box router. It wasn't related to Flash video though. Switching from WPA2 (CCMP) to WPA (TKIP) on the router solved the issue, but is not really desirable of course. I have yet to test WPA2 with OS2.
    02-04-12 01:54 AM
    As mentioned, changing some settings on the router might fix the problem. Some folks change the channel, others have disabled the N from the b/g/n settings. Dual band routers with the 2.x and 5.x standards have also been tweaked to use one or the other.
    02-04-12 09:46 AM
    Check the firmware on your router too.

There was a problem with some routers screwing up after steaming video. My son brought this to my attention after experiencing this.

Good luck!
    02-04-12 12:38 PM
    ....and by all means try clearing the cache.
    02-04-12 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD