Hi all. I've been a longtime reader but am now posting for the first time.

I just got my Playbook and am trying to set it up. I'm at work and we have password protected Wifi. Our Wifi password is seven characters so when I punch it into the Playbook, the connect button doesn't light up. I've found online that the connect button won't light up unless the password is 8 characters. I've tried punching in the password and then the space bar and while the connect button lights up, I can't connect, obviously because the password doesn't match anymore.

Is there no way around this? Is the Playbook never able to connect to password protected internet connections bearing a password with less than 8 characters?

Please tell me there's something I can do here, both in terms of connecting to the wireless connection and for completing the setup.
    01-30-12 10:03 AM
    Maybe has something to do the security your network is using. You can always take it to somewhere with free wifi and get it setup.
    01-30-12 10:11 AM
    Hi,
    I'm not so sure that the PB wifi really requires an 8-character password to show the Connect button. My home wifi is protected by a password of only 5 characters, and it seems to work just fine.
    I agree with kbz1960, that it may be the security settings of your wifi at work.
    Specifically, I would suggest checking the security type / encryption used (i.e. WEP, WPA Personal, WPA2 Personal, etc.). I would also suggest that since you're connecting to your work wifi, you may want to contact IT (or whoever set-up the wifi security settings).
    01-30-12 01:34 PM
    I had my router on a 6 char password and was able to connect just fine. That is nlt the issue.

Giving IT a call and seeing if they can help might be a good idea.
    01-30-12 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD