Yea!!! at least you can browse for now till someone can get you some help... Give some "Thanks" to BlackJack!!! Yea!!!
    no thanks necessary - happy to help, others are very helpful in here as well - we need more happy newbies.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-22-11 at 02:00 AM.
    12-22-11 01:15 AM
    Here's another thread that might help you some....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rowser-680603/
    12-22-11 01:17 AM
    wow I'm starring to like the modfia again Thanks BBW

Happy Hanukkah (did I spell that right?)
    Thanks! I've seen a million different spellings (pretty sure they've been using a PB to type it for centuries ).
    12-22-11 06:45 AM
    Ok, so I've been a faithfull Blackberry user for years so when the price on the playbook dropped I jumped on it. I connect it to my home wifi and even though I have full bars, the wifi browser is dead. Opens pages only once in a while and takes literaly 4 or 5 minutes to open, when it opens. Most of the time it does nothing. Only way I can use the internet is with the bridge... What is going on?
    I believe it's something to do with N routers. If this fix hasn't been suggested already go to saved network profiles on your PlayBook, delete your home connection then do a fresh search for available networks, select your connection but before you save and connect, click on Advanced and check Ipv6.

Worked for me
    12-22-11 07:34 AM
    Thanks jason for the title change, have you gotten the info you needed?
    12-22-11 07:39 AM
    Well if all of the suggestion here don't work I would do a debrick and go somewhere they have free wifi to do the update if yours still will not connect. Next would be to call RIM support. Not sure it's hardware since other things seem to work online.
    12-22-11 07:53 AM
    Thanks! I've seen a million different spellings (pretty sure they've been using a PB to type it for centuries ).
    That is pretty funny! As I wrote someone else, there are as many ways of spelling it as there are letters in the name and then variations on a theme. Then throw in the "C" versions....
    12-22-11 08:54 AM
    Yep. Right now Im using a laptop and its just zooming along with no problem. Going on 5 minutes and 14 seconds... and counting waiting for the PB wifi browser to open yahoo.
    Some devices have issues acquiring TCP/IP settings over DHCP with certain routers. That is, it is not necessarily the router or the PlayBook, just the two together and DHCP not working as it should. Lots of times I will use static settings on a home/known network. Too many DHCP headaches over the years to count.

I would try a static IP and static DNS settings as a first step, on your PlayBook. If you are using a Windows laptop you can pull up a command prompt and run the "ipconfig" command (no quotes) to see all this. So if you laptop is using 192.168.1.107 as its IP address, then use something on the same subnet for the PlayBook. Go up like 20 numbers on that last octet. So try (in this example) 192.168.1.127. Or whatever. Only change that last number. For your subnet mask and gateway use the same exact settings as the laptop.

You set all this on the PlayBook where you set up a WiFi connection. Choose "Connect Manually" or whatever it says. And also use Google DNS just to make sure there are no issues with the PB acquiring that info (DNS server settings) either. Google DNS is 8.8.8.8.

Can't hurt. If you still have issues then I would have to say there is an issue with your PlayBook.
    Last edited by southlander; 12-22-11 at 02:21 PM.
    12-22-11 02:19 PM
    Try restarting the network.
    If not, turn off PlayBook WiFi, then turn it back on.
    You can also try restarting the PlayBook.
    12-23-11 06:55 AM
    i had this problem start with my playbook 2 firmware updates ago, since the latest firmware update i have not had any issues anymore.
    12-23-11 12:32 PM
    PB user for 24 hrs (32GB). Wifi not working here either. I've manage to connect occasionally after power cycling modem and rebooting PB. But invariably I lose the connection and cannot get it back. My two laptops connect perfectly. I think my network is WPA2. Modem is DLink 655. On the PB I see lots of green bars. I seem to be connected when I look at Tools-->Wifi, but browser cannot connect, no CNN, no AppWorld, no gmail, etc. Presumably turning modem and PB off then on will recover it. But this is getting old fast. What a disappointment. Any suggestions?

Edit: I meant to say WPA2 not "WEP2".
    Last edited by antonbrk; 02-15-12 at 01:06 AM.
    02-13-12 01:02 AM
    See if there is a firmware update for your router. If that does not fix the issue, you might want to check the router settings and change the channel to another one and/or limit the router to b/g and disable N. Others have stepped back from wep2 and if dual 2/5 bands, pick one of them.
    02-13-12 08:36 AM
    I have no trouble connecting 2 PB's and 4 other devices and that's fortunate because I don't know a lot about router settings. I can tell you I use an older Verizon provided router that is G only and under the settings on the PB I see WEP. I am assuming that is different then WEP2.
    02-13-12 09:25 AM
    Changing network setting in the router to "B and G" instead of "B,G and N", seems to have done the trick. I also updated the router's firmware (2007-->2008, the latest, apparently), so might have been that, but more likely it was the downgrade to G from N. I've only been connected for a few minutes so not sure its fixed yet, but fingers crossed. -Much, much thanks for the speedy assistance. I mainly want to use the PB for reading (epubs, pdfs, email, web). The adobe reader it comes with so far (tried a few pdfs only) gives really poor text quality, so I'm in need of something else, but maybe 2.0 will bring improvements there too. Too bad that RIM rushed this out the door so prematurely, and failed to get it to market much earlier. Had they done so this could have been a hit. The UI is very smooth and fast. Very nice.
    02-15-12 01:17 AM
    well the "quick fix" was simply to turn the wifi on the playbook off and on but that's just a temp. fix and you'll have to do that regularly; looks like you found the solution but in case you run into more problems just go here as it is a common issue... http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-0-8-a-672838/
    DenimAndLeather likes this.
    02-15-12 04:19 AM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD