I was sat in the pub last night watching the euro football comp on the pubs tv when someone asked to pub the darts (which was on Sky sports) on. I said he could use my tablet to stream in but before I knew it he pulled out a Netbook and tried in vain to connect to the pubs wifi, find the stream and attempt to watch it. After 5 mind or so I got my PlayBook out, connected to the wifi and had the darts streaming. I passed it to the man and before I had sat down he asked how much my ipad cost!
    axllebeer and anon(3641385) like this.
    06-11-12 05:12 PM
    Good story!!!

Call me over protective about my PB - but aren't you worried about grog etc getting into it when you use it in a pub?

Especially in an atmosphere of great spirit like when watching the Euro soccer matches?
    06-11-12 05:58 PM
    I see what you're saying and do take care when taking it out. I only take my 16gb out with me and keep the 32gb at home. My local isn't exactly the rowdiest of pubs as it's a country pub in the middle of nowhere. I was surprised that the wifi there was quick enough to stream without buffering to be fair
    06-11-12 06:25 PM
    i had visions of a wonderfully rowdy English pub, lol!!! Lots of people and great explosions of cheering!!!

Yeah - good to hear that the PB could pick up the streaming like that via wifi.

What did the other person say when you told them it was a Blackberry?

PS wasn't picking on you taking the PB to a pub - have read heaps of comments on here re people taking it to bars etc with them, and some very funny stories where people have left it!
    06-11-12 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD