To start off this is not a troll thread. I was wondering if any playbook owner has an Epad. Obviously these are not the high end tablets out there, but would like to know how do they stack up against the playbook.
    Specifically browsing speed, os stability, native emails, reading etc.
    I am talking about the cheap Epads that are in the $100-$150 range that runs older android os.

Is this worth for someone who will primarily use it for browsing,email,reading books,game apps like angry birds etc and some generic apps. Any suggestion for a 7' cheap tablet that you had experience with would be greatly helpful.

As for the comparison if you could use the playbook as the benchmark I would appreciate it. ( like browser is half as slow, or screen is brighter etc )
    07-01-11 10:26 PM
    To start off this is not a troll thread. I was wondering if any playbook owner has an Epad. Obviously these are not the high end tablets out there, but would like to know how do they stack up against the playbook.
    Specifically browsing speed, os stability, native emails, reading etc.
    I am talking about the cheap Epads that are in the $100-$150 range that runs older android os.

Is this worth for someone who will primarily use it for browsing,email,reading books,game apps like angry birds etc and some generic apps
    . Any suggestion for a 7' cheap tablet that you had experience with would be greatly helpful.

As for the comparison if you could use the playbook as the benchmark I would appreciate it. ( like browser is half as slow, or screen is brighter etc )
    I was hesitated to answer this coz I find it ridiculous to compare PB with a $100-$150 tablet...
    But to look at your questions... I don't have any of those, but been playing lots of them a lot.
    First, those Apad things always run on LOW processor which is approx 600MHz - 800MHz.. So YES, you can expect things to run very slowly and expect a huge LAG in terms of using.
    Second, no Adobe Flash or Air support in browser or whatsoever, regardless Android OS that they used. HUGE difference compared to PB (but not to iPad)
    Third, they use resistive screen (some already capacitive but with only two touch points).
    Lastly, they indeed use Android OS, some even already use Android 2.2 Froyo which is OK. So expect native email and PIM to works.

In the conclusion, if your needs isn't much, you can use these kinda tablets, but expect limitation on most things.

but you know what people said: You get what you pay for
    07-02-11 02:36 PM
    You get what you pay for.

If you're trying to be as cheap as possible, spend a little more and get a Nook or wait and get one of the new Archos Archos intros 80 G9 and 101 G9 Android 3.1 tablets: 1.5GHz CPU, 250GB HDD, 3G-ready (hands-on) -- Engadget
    07-02-11 04:34 PM
    Many years ago I purchased my first computer, a Commodore 64, at Toys R Us.
    There may be a market for every low price product, even if only for a kid.

Based upon how personal computers are currently sold, there will be tablets, better then what is presently available, for half what we currently paid, within five years.
    Last edited by mandony; 07-02-11 at 06:51 PM.
    07-02-11 06:48 PM
    You'll be lucky if you get 2 hrs out of those ePads. Nevermind how many games you won't be able to play due to the junk resistive screen on them.
    07-03-11 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD