Hi everyone!

I use my Playbook to record my band's jam sessions and both my bandmates have iPhones where as I am a HUUUUUUUGE Blackberry Fanboy (no seriously, just ask my gf, I'm HUGE for Blackberry... seriously gang, Just the world BlackBerry is like fore^play for me)

That being said, they (my band mates) can't listen to the voice notes I take on my Playbook when I dump it to our DropBox.

I tried looking for website based converters but didn't find anything.

There's also no audio converter app for the Playbook in App world.

Does anyone have an idea or tips that could help me out in this scenario?

Thanks!
    11-03-11 04:03 PM
    If you or any of your bandmates have a Quicktime Pro licence, it's an easy go. There are other ways, but I'd suggest having QT Pro as a musician is worth it just for the mp3 and other audio formats across digital recording DAW platforms. I'm fairly certain you can transfer the files (see other posts on how to access your playbook on a network) to a pc or mac.

...Then load the track in Quicktime and there's an AIFF/mp3.m4a/wav... etc. converter that gives you enless options for export. If you want, google convert m4a to mp3 and/or the QT/iTunes help will lead the way. Been there done it, for both audio (only) and video (audio embedded) formats.

Hope this helps.
    11-03-11 06:04 PM
    Here's a link to a free converter - to mp3. I don't know much about it but it appears to work (avoid installing the ask toolbar)

Free M4a to MP3 Converter
    11-03-11 07:12 PM
    I think VLC has an export feature for transcoding.
    11-03-11 07:45 PM
    Those are all great suggestions and I do use some of those methods when I decide to go through my pc.

I should have specified that I'm looking for a way to do this from my PlayBook and not go through another device. I'm sort of always on the go and my PB and BB are the only devices I carry with me.

Thanks again though for replying and if anyone knows a way thats doable through my PlayBook, I would love to find out how.
    11-04-11 07:03 AM
    it's actually surprising that the iphone won't plan an .m4a file.
    try recording a video (which will also have audio) on the lowest resolution setting (480p). your files will be somewhat larger, but iPhone may be able to play the .m4p file.

1 minute of video will be something like 20MB or so.

or, maybe you could upload your video (or audio) to youtube and play it that way?
    11-04-11 11:18 PM
    Here's a link to a free converter - to mp3. I don't know much about it but it appears to work (avoid installing the ask toolbar)

Free M4a to MP3 Converter
    malware, not safe...
    12-09-13 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD